Talk

Advanced search

ok, so someone has registered an interest in my house, so decluttering starts now!

(21 Posts)
misdee Sat 02-Aug-08 18:21:49

[gulp]

have eben on homewswapper site less than a day. left a message for someone, and they have replied as v interested.

so tonight will be decluttering the living room as much as possible.

have said i cant do a viewing till end of the week as have loads of appointments early this week.

please keep me motivated

zippitippitoes Sat 02-Aug-08 18:22:30

are you moving

misdee Sat 02-Aug-08 18:24:26

if the right house comes up in the right area then yes.

we are in a council bungalow, so strong position really.

expatinscotland Sat 02-Aug-08 18:24:42

Well done, misdee!

I knew it.

Your home has a lot of plus points.

Get decluttering!!!

misdee Sat 02-Aug-08 18:27:50

yes lots of plus points, space not being one of them lol.

they will have to be assessed by the council as needing a ground floor property though. not neccessarily in a wheelchair, but just need the benefit of ground floor living.

their house is big. same size as my parents house, so already know the layout and sizes even without going there. it does back onto an industrail area, so could be too noisey, but they have large fields and woods behind them

expatinscotland Sat 02-Aug-08 18:37:25

and they could be downsizing, kids leaving home, maybe with a progressive disease like arthritis or perhaps becoming a carer for an elderly relative.

think positive!

think of being in their nice, big house .

me23 Sat 02-Aug-08 18:39:22

pleased for you misdee! hope the viewings go well.

misdee Sat 02-Aug-08 18:44:20

mmm says they need to be closer to a particular school. this would base them approx 2 miles closer. plus they dont want to downsize, but am hoping if theyare desperate for a bungalow over a house, it will swing it for them.

i searched and we are the only 3 bedroom bungalow registered on the site in this area and neighbouring town. only 8 in a 20mile radius.

thats good for us, i hope!

bubblerock Sat 02-Aug-08 19:05:34

Where are you looking to move to Misdee?

misdee Sat 02-Aug-08 19:07:06

just welwyn garden city only. am very happy with the children's school so dont want to uproot them.

SparklyGothKat Sat 02-Aug-08 19:13:32

ooooooooooooo which one misdee??

bubblerock Sat 02-Aug-08 19:19:02

I just looked on the homeswapping site I'm registered on (My BIL needs a swap) and there was an advert wanting to swap a 3 bed house in WGC for a 2 bed bungalow in WGC - wonder if it's the same person that's contacted you through homeswapper. It's on the Kormus website.

misdee Sat 02-Aug-08 19:32:34

this one if it works

not the one you linked to but may contact them and see where they are

SparklyGothKat Sat 02-Aug-08 19:36:10

i think thats the one at the end near the roundabout near town misdee

misdee Sat 02-Aug-08 19:41:46

its on hollybush lane SGK (i reguistered and looked up the postcode.) would need to rip out all those carpets due to dd1 allergies, and its on a fairy busy road as well. dh said no as well.

SparklyGothKat Sat 02-Aug-08 19:43:42

I wouldn't have hollybush either.

the one you linked to, i think is the town end of cheques

misdee Sat 02-Aug-08 19:51:24

i hope so. would prefer that end of thr small row of houses than the one that leads into the small industrail estate

SparklyGothKat Sat 02-Aug-08 19:58:07

fingers crossed

misdee Sun 03-Aug-08 21:30:49

bubblerock, the lady who house you linked to contacted me via kormus, but the council wotn allow her to move into here as she is on her own.

i really need a family to want it.

dh has cleared the kitchen today. will be sorting ou the shower room tomorrow.

bubblerock Sun 03-Aug-08 23:24:36

I hope you manage to find something, you're in a great position having the bungalow so hopefully something nice will come up smile

misdee Wed 06-Aug-08 14:09:24

oooo more interest today!

this time the family ave been pre-apprroved for a bungalow and are top prioity for one, they have 2 kids, so no problems with over occupancy either.

just goingto arrnage a viewing of each others homes now.

fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now