Talk

Advanced search

anyone know a cleaner who sees when things need cleaning and knows how to clean them? kingston/sw london?

(11 Posts)
hatwoman Fri 01-Aug-08 18:39:55

and if she can iron as well I'll love her forever. well maybe not but I'll give her a job and pay her a bit more than fairly. if she'll have us.

madcol Fri 01-Aug-08 22:32:01

My Friend in Wimbledon has a good cleaner who may be looking for work. i'll need to dig out her number and she if she travels to Kingston.

yomellamoHelly Sat 02-Aug-08 22:14:22

Oooo ME TOO! Have asked around myself. It seems the good ones are all chokka! Grr. Need to take advantage of dh's generosity.

hatwoman Mon 04-Aug-08 08:42:40

hello - madcol if you're still able to dig the number out that would be really great

Littlefish Mon 04-Aug-08 09:28:06

I have a fabulous one who needs no guidance on what to clean and when. She just decides what needs doing and does it. This includes windows, skirting boards, fridge, microwave etc. She'll also arrange for the window cleaner to come if she thinks the outside windows need doing, and takes away the ironing when it needs doing grin. The downside is that we're in Worcestershire, sorry.

I know that doesn't help you at all, but it allows me to feel all smug and happy about having a wonderful cleaner who makes my life so much easier. wink

Good luck in your search.

hatwoman Mon 04-Aug-08 10:16:29

envy you and your cleaner clearly know what I'm after

luvaduck Mon 04-Aug-08 10:24:27

i have a FAB cleaner who is so thorough, and irons as well...but shes quite expensive (£10 an hour)
the house is sparkling after though!
i'm not sure she'll come to kingston, but she will do sw london - where are you exactly?

hatwoman Mon 04-Aug-08 10:57:50

hi luvaduck - we're south/central kingston half way between Surbiton and Kingston stations. I can live with £10 an hour

luvaduck Mon 04-Aug-08 11:02:21

to be honest i don't think she'll come that far as she lives in willesden and comes by tube...
i'll ask though

hatwoman Mon 04-Aug-08 11:13:11

willesdon does sound a long way...surbiton is 5 minutes on the train from Wimbledon but the whole journey would take ages...

Littlefish Mon 04-Aug-08 12:21:09

I found mine through an advert in a local shop window and just got lucky. I've since referred her on to at least 6 friends, all of whom use her. I found my previous one (when I lived in a different town) by asking parents at the school where I worked. She was fabulous too.

luvaduck - £10.00 per hour in London sounds really cheap. I pay that here in Worcestershire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now