Talk

Advanced search

How do you wash bibs? - Stupid Question Alert

(33 Posts)
LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 16:37:30

I'm having trouble washing DD's bibs - they are stained and its not coming out!!

Also - velcro ones are getting stuck to all my other clothes and messing them up how do you fix this?

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 01-Aug-08 16:40:30

Do the velcro up before sticking in the machine.

Don't worry about stained bibs, it is only a bib afterall

LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 16:41:35

I do that Nat - it comes undone in the machine and gets something. I swear there's a bib monster in there or something.

How are you anyway?

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 01-Aug-08 16:44:42

Get new bibs with poppers? LOL Ours have always stayed done up...

I'm OK thanks, things still going up and down, but nowt we can do about it! How about you?

....And bibs? She isn't old enough to eat surely, you only had her 3 days ago didn't you?!!! wink

LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 16:46:48

I think i'm gonna have to! I always make a point of putting the velcro together and yet it always manages to find my knickers or something! lol

Yeh she's eating 3 meals a day (or playing with them anyway) Hope things get better for you soon. Anything I can do to help?

wornoutwaitress Fri 01-Aug-08 16:47:52

shout or stain devil.

LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 16:48:52

wow - Never heard of either of them, Will have to look out for them if they have a MN recommendation wink

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 01-Aug-08 16:50:51

Knicker eating bibs, they are all the rage doncha know?

Unless you can install a sonographer and an ultrasound machine in my living room, probably nothing to be done, but thanks anyway!

LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 16:52:32

I can have a go... grin

Whatabout some flowers? Your still on FB aren't you? Msg me with your address and i'll send you some flowers to cheer you up?

wornoutwaitress Fri 01-Aug-08 17:02:05

do you line dry the bibs? sunshine is meant to be good for getting stains out. works on my nappies anyway.

LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 17:02:57

no we're terrible and always use the dryer! lol

I should dry more on the line actually. Would cost less.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 01-Aug-08 17:59:00

LOL Jen bless you I'm OK, just want to skip the next couple of weeks and get the next scan out of the way. See if we can get some answers.

LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 18:01:41

Seriously, I can send chocs, or flowers or really dirty bibs for you to wash wink

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 01-Aug-08 18:42:17

I have thought very seriously about this and have decided that you can have the bibs all to yourself, seriosuly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Your offer is so very kind, but I just feel like you would make such a better job of it, I'd feel much happier for that job to be on your shoulders

All joking aside thanks very much, but honestly, I am fine thank you. Buy A something instead (Bibs with poppers maybe?!!)

LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 19:07:15

well as long as your sure! Keep your chin up hun.
I'm gonna buy her a pit for days like this angry lol

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 01-Aug-08 19:12:16

Ahhh bless her, you leave her alone! <whispers> Tip: play pen/travel cot, fill it with toys and snooze wash bibs wink

LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 19:15:47

I think her teeth are hurting her LewisFan is giving me good tips at the mo. Plus she's overtired so generally annoying! lol

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 01-Aug-08 19:31:00

Ah, nothing like teething to set them off, poor things, it bloody hurts! <remembers wisdom pain>

Overtiredness, best thing I've found is a bottle of whiskey nice bath with mum, and then turn telly off and just talk quietly to them, soon has eyes dropping, probably yours first mind!

LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 19:34:54

I've tried a nice warm bottle and no tv while reading a book but she keeps crying (again teeth I think) so will get her her dinner then put her to bed I think (No gas for hot water so can't have bath)

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 01-Aug-08 19:36:53

handwash in the bathroom sink with vanish. soak over night tuble/line dry the next morning. takes out of most of the stains but i dont bother too much about stains on bibs. they are meant to be stained, no?

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 01-Aug-08 19:41:56

Have you tried all the usual calpol/bonjella etc? Poor little thing.

What's up with the gas?

I forgot this was supposed to be about bibs!

Right it is bedtime at last! DH is on a late so I've taken the chance to have a bit of MN'ing time, DS1 is off on sumer hols so have hardly had chance to MN since he broke up shock Might even treat myself to a glass of wine!

Hope A feels better soon!

LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 19:45:10

Have a goodnight. Yeh she's had the usuals.

We're on a meter and just haven't put any money in it! (DP was meant to go today hmm) lol

nannyL Fri 01-Aug-08 21:23:24

i use plastic ones which i put in the dishwasher

LuckySalem Fri 01-Aug-08 21:24:50

Seashells - I don't mind her "dinner" ones being stained but maybe I should buy some just for drool cos I feel like such a bad mummy putting a stained bib on her! (she has to wear one ALL the time or I'd have to change her clothes 3 times a day)

Nanny L - Why didn't I think of that? lol

KnickersOnMaHead Fri 01-Aug-08 22:57:22

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now