Talk

Advanced search

My beautiful coffee table!!!!!

(8 Posts)
ellideb Fri 01-Aug-08 16:16:59

Grrrrrrrrr. angry One of my mindees scratched my gorgeous mango fruit wood coffee table yesterday, quite badly (it was his last day) when he put a toy with an apparently scratchy base on it and scraped it up and down the table whilst I was seeing off another mindee. I almost cried when I saw it and I think I had the most amazing self control as he is still walking around and breathing.

Please somebody, tell me what I can do to rescue it and restore it to its former glory! Will I need to hire a professional to remove the troughs scratches in its once beautiful surface? My tears didn't improve their appearence no matter how hard I cried and hugged it.

Christie Fri 01-Aug-08 16:43:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bubblagirl Fri 01-Aug-08 16:56:34

wax crayon may work and aslo coffee rubbed in for dark wood will disguise and tea for light wood

brimfull Fri 01-Aug-08 17:00:20

ear wax works wonders grin

my brother once disguised a scratch on our dinner table when we were kids-I thought he was a genius !

I can send you some

prettybird Fri 01-Aug-08 17:17:21

I'll vouch for the Brazil nut technique. Also works wonders for water rings on wood - even on blonde wood.

cluelessnchaos Fri 01-Aug-08 17:22:59

depends what kind of finish is on the wood, is it oiled, waxed, lacquered?

CurrantBM Fri 01-Aug-08 17:42:23

Another vote for the brazil nut technique.

ellideb Fri 01-Aug-08 18:12:01

Really? Brazil nuts? LOL ggirl, but I think I'll stick with my own, thanks all the same! grin Not sure what the finish is, its dark wood and I do use beeswax on it occasionally, its very shiny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now