Talk

Advanced search

FARKIN flies....i kill them ,more appear, i kill them, more appear, repeat reparet repeat

(26 Posts)
MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 15:22:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SaintGeorge Fri 01-Aug-08 15:23:36

Do you live in Amityville per chance?

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 15:23:57

RubySlippers Fri 01-Aug-08 15:24:02

are they fruit flies or great big ones?

we have had a lot of fruit flies in our fruitbowl - warm weather = warm fruit <<eww>>

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 15:24:47

RubySlippers Fri 01-Aug-08 15:25:20

i am sure, IIRC, that flies hatch at this time of year

so, it may be the wonderful circle of life hmm

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 15:25:30

we have them breeding in the window frames. apparently theyre actually in the soil beneath the windows, then they go up into the roof, and then down again to the windows. twice a year there is a big hatching or something... bloody annoying. place is clean (honst guv grin) but theres nowt you can do once tyhey are there. except get the windows sprayed twice a year.

RubySlippers Fri 01-Aug-08 15:26:17

oooh - i was right ...

EthelTheUnready Fri 01-Aug-08 15:27:12

You have cluster flies. You probably have a few thousand of them in your loft or in your roof and need to get a pest control company in to deal with it and a twice yearly contract to keep them at bay.

We had them in our house a couple of years ago and they discovered 30,000 of them in our loft which hadn't been used by the previous owners. I've no idea how they managed to count 30,000 but there you go. It was very blergh but they are gone now.

If ever you see more than 3 or 4 flies congregating in one place you probably have cluster flies. Another way to be sure is to see if their wings are close to their body. Apparently this helps cluster flies crawl all over each other. <vomit>

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 15:28:31

ooh, i was right too [faints]

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 15:29:19

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 15:30:29

you still have them

theyre in the soil

mwahahaha

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 15:30:52

EthelTheUnready Fri 01-Aug-08 15:32:48

Your kitchen must have a roof! They will be in there or else travelling over from the main part of the house to see what they can find.

Ours appeared not long after we moved into our completely renovated house. As the others have said they have a massive hatch twice a year and just keep on multiplying.

Is your kitchen sunny? They love the sun too.

They make my skin crawl.

<itch> <scatch>

ExtraFancy Fri 01-Aug-08 15:33:00

LOL Ethel

I read that as '30,000 unused flies in the loft'...I was wondering what purpose anyone could have for that many flies!

I need some sleep grin

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 15:34:40

rebelmum1 Fri 01-Aug-08 15:35:33

One got in my fridge and into something I ate.. I felt something go crunch and I spat it out .. it was half a fly!!

EthelTheUnready Fri 01-Aug-08 15:35:57

<<vomit>>

rebelmum1 Fri 01-Aug-08 15:37:26

think mine are coming in the door though, i fancy some of those beads to hang up.

rebelmum1 Fri 01-Aug-08 15:39:30

even worse little dd left her milk cup and it had only been an hour or so and I tested it for her ..... it had been blown and there were little fly eggs that came out in my mouth .... urgh ahhhhhhh I had to slug some red wine from the bottle to make sure they were all gone.. sob!

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 15:40:26

oh rebel thats revolting. <vom>

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 15:41:10

xpost!

thats even woprse!! <vom vom vom>

rebelmum1 Fri 01-Aug-08 15:45:21

I know the half a fly happened after the eggs, the eggs were worse, but worse still when I was at my mums she left some quiche out and I put some ketchup on and took a bite and then I heard a squelchy noise and there were maggots moving about in the quiche!!!!!!!!!!

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 16:02:05

oh ffs
youve got to be kidding now, havnt you?

dont you ever look at what youre putting in your mouth?? i would with that track record!! <faints in a pool of own vomwink>

ellideb Fri 01-Aug-08 16:06:26

Get some spiders!

Where the cobwebs are a swayin no flys are a playin

That's the excuse in my house anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now