Talk

Advanced search

Tall larder fridges - anyone got one?

(12 Posts)
AMumInScotland Fri 01-Aug-08 15:14:36

Hi all!

I'm looking for a tall larder fridge for the kitchen to replace 2 small fridges.

Does anyone here have one? If so, what sort is it, and do you like it? Also, do you find there's enough room in the door for bottles etc?

TIA

WilfSell Fri 01-Aug-08 15:16:22

Yes. AEG bought'graded' ie with a teeny tiny dent, for 200 quid less than the new price.

It is massive and it is brilliant. Plenty of room for bottles but also has a fab bottle holder and bottle stand!

We also have the matching freezer also bought on ebay!

AMumInScotland Sat 02-Aug-08 20:17:00

Thanks - I've had a look at that one - it looks awesome! Possibly a bit expensive though, but I guess if it lasted well it would be a good investment.

somersetmum Sat 02-Aug-08 20:19:21

I have the AEG integrated version - paid the full price, but it's worth every penny. Worth it to see mil go envygrin

nannyL Sat 02-Aug-08 22:55:21

at wprk we have just had a new kitchen
we have matching tall fridge and freezer (2 seperate units but they cordinate)

our freezer gives us ice
fridge gives chilled water AND fizzy water

its huge and loads of room

i think it costs about £900+ though (each ie per fridge and per freezer)

there is also an area just for keeping wine at perfect temperature with a wine fan grin
it really is a great fridge

TheMagnificent7 Sun 03-Aug-08 03:15:24

I have a Siemens tall Fridge Freezer and I love it. The fridge is like the TARDIS (deceptively spacious, not blue), the freezer is smaller and a little compact but I don't freeze much. There are a whole bunch of door shelves and compartments so it's really easy for bottles, jars, etc. Had it about 3 years, and a small fault with a fan didn't have a huge call out charge, and was repaired quickly. It has an excellent meat/fish super chiller too

annieshaf Sun 03-Aug-08 19:45:34

We have a miele tall fridge and it is fantastic, it has humidity controlled drawers for meat, fish, fruit and veg which keep things much fresher than our old fridge. There is plenty of room for milk bottles on door and one of the shelves is designed to hold bottles to so not short of space at all.
A-M

Califrau Sun 03-Aug-08 19:47:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThingOne Sun 03-Aug-08 19:57:31

I have a tall larder fridge. It's not a swanky one with a water dispenser but I have a hatred of freezer boxes in fridges grin. Ours is an electrolux and we've had it for about six years. Lots of space for everything .

Waswondering Sun 03-Aug-08 20:16:48

Not quite the same as it is a fridge freezer (the fridge is the bigger half though iyswim!) but what I love about mine is it is huge (John Lewis) and has a suspended bottle rack - so great as they hang under one of the shelves and wine is neatly out of the way.

As I say, not quite the same but thought I would mention it smile

AMumInScotland Mon 04-Aug-08 10:51:53

Typically, even having heard about all your lovely tall fridges, and looked at some very nice ones, I'm now having second thoughts about the layout.... so I might get two matching short ones instead... Aaarrrgh!

schnake Mon 15-Sep-08 11:47:22

just googled a "larder fridge" and this came up...
looking for a large larder fridge with water dispenser and seperate freezer. (nannyL :what brand is your fridge at work? sounds like what i am looking for)
sorry to hijack this discussion.blush
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now