Talk

Advanced search

Is there such a thing as an extra wardrobe rail

(8 Posts)
staryeyed Thu 31-Jul-08 16:02:37

My sons wardrobe is full and his clothes are only small so I really want to get another rail to go underneath the existing one. His wardrobe is only single size -room cant fit a bigger one. Ideally I would like some thing with out screws that will fit a singe size wardrobe. Does anyone know where I might find this?

tiggerlovestobounce Thu 31-Jul-08 16:03:28

I've seen them. Maybe blooming marvelous?

ChopsTheDuck Thu 31-Jul-08 16:03:45

how do you think you are going to fix it to hold enought weight without screws <confused>

We managed to do this, we jsut bought one the same length from ikea and screwed that in.

MamaG Thu 31-Jul-08 16:04:04

Not sure if you could get something without screws

DIY stores sell poles (metal) and little cups that screw tot he sides of the wardrobe, you just cut the pole to the right length, attach one cup, slide other cup over other end of pole then put into position and then screw other cup in (with pole in situ)

tiggerlovestobounce Thu 31-Jul-08 16:04:17

here

staryeyed Thu 31-Jul-08 16:16:00

tigger- that would be perfect except my ds wardrobe is only 44cm wide the other bit is shelving. I wonder if I can find one in that size.

May have to get one that screws.

KezzaG Thu 31-Jul-08 16:26:34

I got that one from Blooming Marvellous and my wardbrobe was smaller than the rail and my dh just sawed a bit off the end to make it fit, its only a hollow plastic rail so easy to do. The only problem is you lose the hook type bit on the end that stops it from slipping out but we cut it to fit the width exactly and it has been fine.

staryeyed Thu 31-Jul-08 16:48:55

Thanks Kezza I might just do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now