Talk

Advanced search

How do I get biro off my duvet?

(6 Posts)
Judd Thu 31-Jul-08 10:08:54

Aaargh! DD was writing a note on our bed, and didn't put the pen away afterwards. There are 2 streaks of biro on the duvet.....will it come off with Vanish or would something else be better? It's a creamy colour and our only nice set.
The fact that the note said "To all my family, I love you, love from DD xxx" doesn't help the situation at all grin

Songbird Thu 31-Jul-08 10:17:47

I think there's a stain devil for biro, not sure which one though.

Songbird Thu 31-Jul-08 10:19:22

Just found this by Googling 'removing biro'. Obviously got no idea if it works!

'If you get a biro mark on a white shirt you can remove it by using hair spray. The spray should dissolve the biro mark or at least fade the biro mark.

Leave to dry, then wash again, and once out the wash any ink stain or biro residue should pretty much be gone.'

I'll look for more!

Judd Thu 31-Jul-08 10:44:07

Hmmm....I've just tried a Stain Devil that I found in the cleaning cupboard. Doesn't say it gets rid of biro, but I'm vaguely hopeful.
Thanks for your suggestions Songbird!

thefortbuilder Thu 31-Jul-08 17:02:13

i am searching too - biro on sofa, not that i've told dh yet, have just turned the cushions over blush

Songbird Fri 01-Aug-08 09:20:27

I did a bit more Googling and a few sites suggested hairspray, so it must be legit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now