Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE tell me how to get rid of houseflies!

(10 Posts)
eenybeeny Thu 31-Jul-08 09:50:42

I swear my house is clean but I have flies! I can only assume its because I have my windows open all the time and they come in???? I have a serious fly phobia and am afraid to breathe with my mouth open in case one flies in or leave a cup of tea without a cover on it. I am seriously disgusted by it.

How do I get rid of them NOW???? I am going berserk!

nell12 Thu 31-Jul-08 09:52:23

Lavender oil on cotton wool on the windowsill is meant to repel them (and calm you at the same time!)

eenybeeny Thu 31-Jul-08 09:53:51

ok... I will try to get lavender oil but I dont drive so probably wont be able to til the weekend! anything else I can do today?

BTW I love lavender its my favourite scent!

Tortington Thu 31-Jul-08 09:54:01

jeez bit extreme - s'only a fly.

fly spray?

eenybeeny Thu 31-Jul-08 09:56:09

it isnt one fly its LOADS of flies! and I am sorry but they are gross! I dont want them in my tea!

nell12 Thu 31-Jul-08 09:57:32

Basil and mint plants on windowsills are meant to be good too!

SirDigbyChickenCaesar Thu 31-Jul-08 10:00:05

why don't windows have SCREENS in this bloomin cuontry? that would keep em out.

Purplepillow Thu 31-Jul-08 10:01:34

I don't like them eitherbut, I had a mahoosive moth <shudders> trying to dive bomb me in bed the other night.

Couldn't kill it, definately couldn't catch it and I think it's still in my room (yuk yuk)

ThatBigGermanPrison Thu 31-Jul-08 10:01:44

get some nets up at your windows.

eenybeeny Thu 31-Jul-08 10:03:24

I know I so miss screen windows! And nets dont work! I had nets at my last house and there were flies there in the summer as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now