Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good mop? (can't believe I'm asking this, either ...)

(15 Posts)
KiwiKat Mon 28-Jul-08 23:02:03

The last couple of mops we've bought were useless, meaning DH is even less inclined to mop the floors, which need frequent attention! Recommendations gratefully received.

blithedance Mon 28-Jul-08 23:14:07

Vileda supermop. Get the one with sort of scouring bits near the "roots" of the strands so you can scrub off bits of Weetabix from the floor as you go.

(can't believe I'm answering this)

AllBuggiedOut Mon 28-Jul-08 23:22:02

You need an e-mop.

blithedance Mon 28-Jul-08 23:23:09

I mean one like this

probably that is one of the useless ones you already tried

harpomarx Mon 28-Jul-08 23:25:43

also have an e-mop.

also can't believe I am answering this.

is my life over?

KiwiKat Mon 28-Jul-08 23:27:15

Am liking the look of the E-Mop (again, not words I thought I'd ever utter). Have you had a good experience of this? This looks like the product my SIL was using some years ago in Australia, can't remember what it was called, which didn't need anything other than water.

MrsWeasley Mon 28-Jul-08 23:28:10

We like the Flash Power Mop.

I like it because the DCs love using it, in fact they fight over it!grin

KiwiKat Mon 28-Jul-08 23:30:40

Now I'm confused - too many choices. Appreciate all the advice and links.

harpomarx Mon 28-Jul-08 23:32:01

this should be renamed the thread of shame, KiwiKat...

i have emop cos I was given a sample one by someone. It's just straightforward. Admit I use cleaner too, but probably don't need to.

chloemegjess Mon 28-Jul-08 23:43:52

I use a steam mop. It is excellent. You dont need any cleaning products with it so saves money on the weekly shop.

It also kills germs as it is so hot.

booge Mon 28-Jul-08 23:52:44

get a string mop, does the job.

annwoo Tue 29-Jul-08 14:07:24

Would second the steam mop - got the one from Lakeland. Really cleans the floor and you can pop the pads it uses into the washing machine.

KiwiKat Tue 29-Jul-08 15:42:42

I think the real issue for DH is that all the mops we've used leave the floors very wet at the end - any of the above deal with this in a satisfactory manner?

penona Tue 29-Jul-08 15:45:17

I can't believe that with the tiny bit of time I have to myself every day I am reading about which is the best mop.

But sadly I would like to know, esp about the not leaving the floor soaking bit. I like the look of the steam ones (we have wooden, vinyl and slate floors). Are they really that fab?

MamaGLovesMe Tue 29-Jul-08 15:46:01

One from Lakeland.

I put it in the washer last week to give it a good clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now