Talk

Advanced search

water collecting at bottom of fridge - why?!

(9 Posts)
cookiemonstress Mon 28-Jul-08 08:05:40

Hi
Does anyone know why water (clean) keeps collecting at the bottom of my fridge. Enough day to day to completely soak a tea towel. Fridge is integrated so not easy to get to back. Really hoping not sign of imminent disaster!

SqueakyPop Mon 28-Jul-08 08:07:44

Sounds like the vent at the back of the fridge is blocked.

cookiemonstress Mon 28-Jul-08 08:14:35

is that the little hole at the back with the funny plastic spike that you can wiggle around? How do I unblock it?

SqueakyPop Mon 28-Jul-08 08:17:08

Sounds like it.

Can you poke a wire through it?

Littlefish Mon 28-Jul-08 08:42:00

I used a skewer when ours got blocked. All sorts of yucky stuff came out, so have a piece of kitchen roll or jay cloth handy.

cookiemonstress Mon 28-Jul-08 09:00:24

right am going to give it a good poking... have already dealt with maggots in the bin this morning so am prepared to deal with any yucky stuff.. (the cm household really not as manky as it sounds, is actually quite clean! )

JackieNo Mon 28-Jul-08 09:14:20

Yes - ours used to get iced up, so we used to have to heat up a metal skewer on the hob, and poke it through to melt the ice. Used to get lakes of water in the bottomsad.

LIZS Mon 28-Jul-08 09:31:39

anything overhanging the grill at the back - might be overheating.

cookiemonstress Mon 28-Jul-08 12:25:26

Stuck a skewer down the hole at the back. No gunge but defo think it was stuck up as water seemed to drain away. Will see what happens..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now