Talk

Advanced search

desperately needing to clean our leather couch

(11 Posts)
kiwibella Fri 25-Jul-08 17:02:42

we stupidly brought an off-white colour leather couch a few years ago and it needs a really good clean. I wipe it down regularly but need to know what I can (safely) use to get it looking pristine-ish again? Thanks

JackieNo Fri 25-Jul-08 17:04:25

YOu can get specific leather cleaner and protector - probably with the shoe polish/household cleaning bits in the supermarket.

Dropdeadfred Fri 25-Jul-08 17:13:58

Pampers baby wipes...they work at treat and have essential oils in them that help the leather too grin

WilfSell Fri 25-Jul-08 17:15:12

Method sell a leather cleaner but dunno about white sofa: think it might be a brown colour...

girlandboy Fri 25-Jul-08 20:23:13

I got a special leather cleaning kit from Lakeland. This has got a cleaning spray, leather conditioning cream and ink remover in it.
My sofa's are cream colour and come up fine after using this.

Mawma Fri 25-Jul-08 20:27:51

If you have a Harveys furniture store near you then they sell a good cleaning pack of wipes and moisturiser also ink remover think its about £30 but well worth the money otherwise i use a watered down solution of cream cleaner i.e cif cream works a treat, i have used it on a cream leathr sofa and dark brown leather sofa and its has not affected the leather

kiwibella Sat 26-Jul-08 10:38:08

thanks so much for your suggestions. I might try lakeland... I have used their leather wipes before. I often use baby wipes ddf grin... but I think it would still be grim after a whole packet atm.

elmoandella Sat 26-Jul-08 10:47:56

i use the capsules for washing clothes. you know the ones that you put in amonst the clothes.

disolve in a basin of water and attack with a sponge. washing in circles. worked wonder for my cream one everytime. leave it nice and soft. make sure it's the non bio ones so it doesn't damage the leather.

kiwibella Sat 26-Jul-08 16:32:44

it's looking better already!! I used the solution from dfs that came with the couch... but instead of diluting it, I used it straight - on a wet cloth. Pampers dealt to the necessary touch up spots and I'm wondering whether a packet of those might do the job better than anything???

I can't believe that we were sold on this colour because of the display model. Never, ever again grin.

Thanks so much for your suggestions and advice.

Dropdeadfred Sat 26-Jul-08 20:06:37

Kiwibella...Pampers wipes are great foe leather sofas..we've had ours 5 years now and they still look great!!

shannonl Sun 10-Aug-08 17:53:32

http://www.bakingsodabook.co.uk/Cleanyour_leather_couch_with_bakingsoda.shtml

this works a treat as well for a really good clean, but i agree that the baby wipes are an excellent quick clean!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now