Talk

Advanced search

we've had mice, we've had moths. Is it possible we now have cockroaches?

(5 Posts)
margoandjerry Wed 23-Jul-08 10:26:37

God almighty I am fed up with the endless infestations.

I found a largeish brownish reddish beetle type creature - about the size of a wasp - this morning in the kitchen that was running too fast for me to catch it. I only found one but am now paranoid it's cockroaches.

Any advice?

My house is clean, btw sad

margoandjerry Wed 23-Jul-08 11:57:28

just bumping because I googled cockroaches and it looked a bit like that shock

WTF do I do?

I'm actually better with insects than with mice. I hated the mouse infestion(s) but I think my nanny will freak more at the latest problem - she's much more upset about the insect than she was about the mice...

belgo Wed 23-Jul-08 11:58:51

I wouldn't worry too much about one cockroach - maybe it's just crawled through an open door?

You could always phone the environmental health dept of your council if you are really worried.

girlandboy Wed 23-Jul-08 12:29:52

I think you can get a "sticky trap" from a hardware shop if you're really worried. Put it near where you saw it......and wait! If there's any more you'll soon find out. If not, perhaps it was just visiting.

2point4kids Wed 23-Jul-08 12:32:13

If theres one then theres probably loads!!!

We had cockroaches in our first flat when we moved in. I was so hysterical I nearly persuaded DH to sell up again straight away lol

We called in pest control. It took pretty strong stuff and lots of it all round to get rid of them!!

I still shudder at the thought of it <shudder>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now