Talk

Advanced search

There's no 2 ways about it. My Sketchers STINK

(20 Posts)
Califrau Tue 22-Jul-08 01:38:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FabioTheWhisperingCat Tue 22-Jul-08 01:47:36

I can't see those pages because my computer hates me, but if they are too stinky to wear anyway, and you ruin them in the wash, what have you lost?

FrazzledFairyFay Tue 22-Jul-08 01:50:52

Have you tried bicarb of soda? I think you are supposed to sprinkle a bit into each shoe, leave for a while and then empty out - it could be worth a try?

maidamess Tue 22-Jul-08 06:49:14

I had plantar whatisface last year after shuffling around in Birkenstocks for too long and thought I would be subjected to a life of wearing trainers.

I bought some arch supports on Boots and never looked back. If I wear flat shoes I put them in (obviously no good for flip flops etc) but it really helps get over the problem. I don't have to wear them all the time.

As for the stink in your shoes, I would try washing them and leaving them to air dry. And also, trainer socks are key to non stinky shoes.

Littlefish Tue 22-Jul-08 07:09:55

Maidamess - I wear my arch support thingies in all my shoes (including flip floppy types). I stick them in using double sided velcro - one side on the insole and one side on the shoe. Works a treat.

twentypence Tue 22-Jul-08 07:17:43

I tried bicarb in my stinky Teva shoes and it did nothing. I tried eucalyptus oil - just smelt like stinky shoes with a hint of vicks. Baby powder has been the best, but to be completely honest they still smell and I only wear them to go to the shops of somewhere else where people will not be sat near my feet for ages.

Can you get Gran's remedy in the US. It's supposed to be excellent - but will probably cost as much as the shoes!

twentypence Tue 22-Jul-08 07:20:56

I'm not sure the leather would wash, but let me know if you try it and it does and I will wash mine!

Shoshe Tue 22-Jul-08 07:21:11

I chuck all our trainers in the wash, (if they are fabric of any sort in they go) then air dry them

purpleflower Tue 22-Jul-08 07:42:56

I have almost identical sketchers which stunk. I pulled the innersole out and soaked it in a bucket of water with a bit of no bio (for a couple of days, I forgot about them), then scrubbed and rinsed. The smell came out but I don't think it will be long before they stink again.

Califrau Tue 22-Jul-08 16:47:06

southeastastra Tue 22-Jul-08 17:00:02

my skechers always stink after a while. maybe they they're just stinky shoes.

Jackstini Tue 22-Jul-08 17:03:02

Try lemongrass essential oil on a cotton wool ball and leave overnight

Califrau Tue 22-Jul-08 17:03:32

Califrau Tue 22-Jul-08 17:04:36

Califrau Tue 22-Jul-08 18:11:08

twentypence Wed 23-Jul-08 00:53:08

I await with interest - although we have no sun here today. Maybe I should just put them out in the rain!

Califrau Wed 23-Jul-08 01:13:33

FatBellyJones Wed 23-Jul-08 04:07:26

boric acid powder from the chemist.. sprinkle a bit into them regularly and it works a treat.. I had an ex with uber smelly feet and this cured them

TsarChasm Wed 23-Jul-08 06:22:42

Now you know full well with a title like that the style police are only going to come on and agree with you wink

I mentioned them on here once in a favourable light and was clobbered from on high by those Blahnik wearing ladies in no uncertain terms with their designer handbags <nurses black eye>grin

Califrau Wed 23-Jul-08 18:23:17

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now