Talk

Advanced search

How can dh get a dark chocolate stain out of a cream sofa

(10 Posts)
bran Mon 21-Jul-08 21:29:17

hmm He's currently scrubbing it with a damp teatowel without much success.

QueenBhannae Mon 21-Jul-08 21:31:23

Did dh do it?
Is it chocolate? grin
Why is dh so keen to remove the evidence...
Im going with non environmentaly friendly options Im afraid as I am a rubish housewife.
Good luck though.

WendyWeber Mon 21-Jul-08 21:33:48

NO SCRUBBING!!!

(It will just grind it in)

Have you got any spray cleaner like 1001 or Vanish?

bran Mon 21-Jul-08 21:40:09

Unfortunately it's not our sofa, dh is working in Amsterdam and ds and I are visiting his rented flat.

It was MY chocolate and he blagged a bit, I told him to be careful of the sofa. hmm And to think that it was DS that I was watching like a hawk.

girlandboy Mon 21-Jul-08 21:41:33

What is sofa made from?

bran Mon 21-Jul-08 21:42:20

No Vanish, I could buy some tomorrow perhaps. DH has had a look at the care label and the covers are removeable and washable, but perhaps we could wait until he is about to move out and wash all the covers together

Thanks though.

WendyWeber Mon 21-Jul-08 21:45:59

How long are you there for, bran? Does the place have a washing machine? If so I would strip the cover off, pour washing-up liquid (or laundry detergent)on the stain, rub it in gently with fingers & then wash it straight away (with the others if you are concerned about fading) in the machine.

He can always do them again before he leaves, but it's a greasy dark stain & if you leave it it could get worse.

WendyWeber Mon 21-Jul-08 21:46:52

LOL at DH being the guilty party though (mine would be the same grin)

bran Mon 21-Jul-08 21:53:07

I've passed your advice on WW, thanks. He's getting busy with the washing up liquid as I type. grin

I'm not sure how much longer he'll be using the flat, there's another 3 months on the lease but it's rented by his company and used by other employees so dh might not be here when the lease is up. So he might as well sort it out today.

callmeovercautious Mon 21-Jul-08 21:55:44

I have just found that baby wipes remove most stains from our cream sofa. I used one on pink crayon today and it worked grin

I wish I had known this 5 years ago!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now