Talk

Advanced search

what do you keep your dcs bath toys in???

(16 Posts)
mad4mybaby Mon 21-Jul-08 21:28:47

I have a bog standard mesh suction thing from mothercare but it is always slipping off or lately dropping off in middle of night waking me up! Ds has quite a few toys and i think they are maybe too heavy for it. Do not have any space anywhere for them. what are the alternatives? IVe seen hammocks that go between the corners of the walls. Would this be better for the weight?

girlandboy Mon 21-Jul-08 21:40:21

Ours are in a small ali-baba basket with a lid, so I don't have to look at the damn things. So sorry, not a hammock family!

sunshineonarainyday Mon 21-Jul-08 21:44:28

We now keep ours in a large plastic bowl (from the kitchen!). Just put the toys in it after the bath and shove it on the floor in the corner.

We used to have one of those hanging things stuck on the tiles but, yes, ours kept falling off too!

MadBadandDangeroustoKnow Mon 21-Jul-08 21:47:45

I gave up on the suction thingies too and bought a small plastic storage box from Tesco (97p) which was perforated and so didn't fill up with gunky water.

isaidno Mon 21-Jul-08 21:49:21

We keep ours in the bath!
If any grown ups want to bath (as opposed to shower) they can play with squirters too.

onepieceoflollipop Mon 21-Jul-08 21:50:01

I think I have a similar solution to MadBadandD. Our basket has a handle so we hang it up. Most of the water drains out easily.

Also I am ruthless about decluttering bath toys. We do have quite a selection, but not all soggy/going mildewy at the same time.

Once the ducks get soggy and black bottoms I'm afraid they are evicted from the Lollipop bathroom.

oggsfrog Mon 21-Jul-08 21:50:11

I used to use a string bag on a hook.

missblythe Mon 21-Jul-08 21:50:50

Had this bought for us, and has stayed up for more than 2 years. Expensive though!

frog pod

WendyWeber Mon 21-Jul-08 21:50:56

I used to use one of those cheapy oblong holey plastic baskets from eg Woolies - the whole basket could go in the bath or be hosed down if necessary.

MrsThierryHenry Mon 21-Jul-08 21:52:15

We use a large, cheapie clear plastic IKEA tub with lid. Everything goes in; nothing falls out. We just shake the water off before chucking toys in. Easy-peasy.

grin

MatNanPlus Mon 21-Jul-08 21:57:59

A large plastic colander inside a kitchen bowl that sits in the corner.

girrafescantdancethetango Tue 22-Jul-08 00:12:22

plastic box

Katiekins83 Tue 22-Jul-08 13:24:45

hi.. just notice the frog pod... we have one of those, as i hate anything cluttering up the bathroom. then checked the link to mothercare...tkmax are much cheaper mine was £10 from there... and netto and a few other outlets sell them too. they also have a little shelf thing on them to fit a few bottles on and you can generally hang thigs of them, very sturdy and no meldue etc on toys as it has vents for all the water to escape. I have bought many for friends as they have admired my toy free bath tub! lol! hope you find a solution!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mad4mybaby Tue 22-Jul-08 14:58:17

yeah i saw the frog pod. How much do they actually hold? ds toys are quite big... Any body else recommend this?

mumdebump Thu 24-Jul-08 16:10:05

Just bought the frog pod but have to take it back. DD took one look and freaked until I took it out of the bathroom. Think I may have just caused a life long phobia of frogs.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now