Talk

Advanced search

Cat peeing in my house!

(7 Posts)
feedmenow Fri 18-Jul-08 16:34:37

I am so cross! Some stupid stray tom cat appears to be getting in my house and spraying everywhere!

I have two female (spayed) cats and a magnetic cat flap. I think he must literally chase them in and get through before the cat flap shuts.

I am so sick of the smell! Cos he sprays it is hard to find. Woke up this morning knowing he'd been in my bedroom (again!) the hallway (again!) and the lounge (again!). My house stinks of p*ss. I am so cross. Will spend the evning and tomorrow on my hands and knees sniffing everything, knowing that he'll probably be back in again in a few days.

How can I stop him getting in??

TurkeyLurkey Fri 18-Jul-08 16:37:08

Are you there when he gets in? If so lie in wait and squirt him with a water pistol!

SoupDragon Fri 18-Jul-08 16:37:47

He may well have a magnetic catflap at his own home.

you can get flaps [snurk] that are coded to your cat's microchip but they are £££ or there are infra-red ones.

TurkeyLurkey Fri 18-Jul-08 16:40:04

My neighbour had this problem Her house reeked of piss it was awful. She didn't know who owned the cat. She ended up catching it one day and taking it the RSPCA in a different town (in case it gor re-homed near her!).

SoupDragon Fri 18-Jul-08 16:42:12

I certainly wouldn't recommend stealing someone's cat hmm

TurkeyLurkey Fri 18-Jul-08 16:43:56

Well I think she was at the stage where stealing it was preferable to strangling it.

MrsTiddles Fri 18-Jul-08 19:47:44

lion poo? can you leave some outside as a deterrent? i was recommended this when trying to stop next door's cat spraying my entirely cat free zone of a garden

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now