Talk

Advanced search

DS1 took the green bin in before the lorry came...SO THEY'RE COMING BACK!!!!!

(5 Posts)
Califrau Thu 17-Jul-08 21:19:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Roskva Fri 18-Jul-08 09:08:33

Lucky you! The lazy sods nice gentlemen who collect ours were on strike on our collection day. But, as our house is slap on the border between an area which gets collected on Thursday and an area that gets collected on Friday, dh stuck ours out further down the road this morning grin

Oh, and before anyone flames me for criticising the bin men for wanting a bigger pay increase, my business literally could not afford to give me a pay rise this year at all, and I don't want my council tax to go up as well to pay for other folks' inflated pay rises sad

Califrau Fri 18-Jul-08 20:06:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hoxtonchick Fri 18-Jul-08 20:08:34

our council can be a bit crap, but if they have ever messed up the rubbish collection they turn up quick smart when you ring up & rant politely point this out.... it quite impresses me actually <weirdo>.

ChirpyGirl Fri 18-Jul-08 20:08:45

I put out a large flat piece of cardboard the other week and some helpful soul put it on my wall as it had fallen over on teh pavement, so they didn't take it as it was 'on my property'
I rang and explained it wouldn't fit in my car and was now wet so I didn't want it back in teh house, and they came back 3 hours later, I was as shocked as you are now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now