Talk

Advanced search

how do you get mould off a pushchair

(8 Posts)
babyjjbaby Thu 17-Jul-08 09:49:33

my buggy has gone mouldy and i want to sell it what can i do to get rid of the mould thanks

twelveyeargap Thu 17-Jul-08 09:53:20

On the soft fabric or the waterproof type stuff? If the latter, then you could patch test a hidden bit of it with something like Dettol Mould and Mildew remover to see if it affects the fabric. If it's safe, then a couple of minutes with the chemicals, then a really, really good rinse and wash with detergent and a proper airing should sort it out. (My mum did the same with a buggy before.)

babyjjbaby Thu 17-Jul-08 10:02:18

ahh right it is the fabric part hood on a mother care trenton and seat unit

twelveyeargap Thu 17-Jul-08 10:16:07

Hmm, A wash with some bleach in the water could sort it. Again, patch test. If not, I'd try the mildew remover. I have successfully used it on man-made fibres before, but you do run the risk of damaging the fabric.

babyjjbaby Thu 17-Jul-08 10:20:05

ok i will have to get some i can't really take the cover off and put in washing machine tho

twelveyeargap Thu 17-Jul-08 10:31:53

Just soak it down with the detergent/ bleach water and rinse in the bath/ shower/ garden with a hose.

theirmum Wed 30-Jul-08 21:49:05

I have a Maclaren Quest my sister gave me to sell and I have the same problem she had it in storage and it has a bit of mould on the hood! Will the bleach not change the colour?

sazm Thu 31-Jul-08 10:05:54

cant you just put it in the washing machine?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now