Talk

Advanced search

Baby Bottle Dishwasher stains !

(6 Posts)
Champayne Thu 17-Jul-08 09:19:13

Hello I'm new to mumsnet - i have once again put my baby bottles in the dishwasher and accidently put it in with the spaghettie bolognese pans !! Now i have orange plastic bits and worse......... orange teats !
Does any one know of any magic cleaning product i can use to get rid of it - I bought new ones last time and i'm not doing it again !! it looks like i have dirty bottles !!

Please Help ! (blush)

MrsBadger Thu 17-Jul-08 09:47:59

they're not dirty
sod what anyone else thinks

soaking them in Milton might be worth a bash if you have some around

MrsBadger Thu 17-Jul-08 09:49:21

welcome to MN btw smile

Psychomum5 Thu 17-Jul-08 09:53:03

this happens to bottles even if you do not have anything in the dishwasher noticably orangy!!!!

something to do with the detergant I think.....all I know is it happened to all mine and altho they eventually went more normal looking, it did take a while.

don;t feel bad tho, you will notice other mums about with the same problem occasionally, ans they will look at your bottle with a faint smile as they will know and understandwink

Champayne Thu 17-Jul-08 11:55:25

thanks ladies
i was going to be mrs badger ! it's my husbands nick name ! yeah will try the milton i did think of that and bi-carb or denture tablets - but not sure if they will affect the teats or harm baby - i know milton won't will try that first

still open to any more idea's tho !

MrsBadger Thu 17-Jul-08 12:14:00

as Psycho says they do fade eventually if you manage not to do them with tomatoey things again - I always forget and have lovely orange valves on my breastpump hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now