Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else doing a cleaning blitz this morning?

(17 Posts)
Jahan Wed 16-Jul-08 09:36:08

I have tonnes to do;
Kitchen
Bathroom
Lounge
Hoover
Laundry

Shall we compare notes and encourage each other?

Need to get off here and get on! grin

AnAngelWithin Wed 16-Jul-08 09:44:15

wednesdays are usually my cleaning days, but we are going ot the mother and toddler group this morning then off to the nursery picnic this afternoon. ive had sports days the past 2 days, and tomorrow ove got to take me and dd1 to the docs for 8.30, dog to the vets at 10, homestart lady coming at 11, kids to school discos. Might try for friday! either that or enjoy the rest and the last day of peace before the summer holidays!!!

good luck!!!

RubyRioja Wed 16-Jul-08 09:46:05

Yep, but I am starting with breakfast.
Have done one load laundry though

RubyRioja Wed 16-Jul-08 09:53:01

Emptied dishwasher and tidied clutter in sitting room

littleducks Wed 16-Jul-08 09:56:29

ok i will start at 10 am

really dont want to but am meeting a friend for lunch so need to crack on.

i need to
do several loads of laundry
sort and put away two airers worth of dry clothes
get rid of dead plants in pot outside front door
quick wipe of kitchen surfaces and find odd cups and plates for dishwasher
empty hoover
clear upstairs floors and hoover

see you soon to compare what i actually have done

Jahan Wed 16-Jul-08 10:06:24

Have cleaned the bathroom and put laundry load on.

Next is the Kitchen.....

littleducks Wed 16-Jul-08 10:25:49

have put white in washing machine
emptied all upstairs bins
folded all dry bedsheets
put load in tumble dryer

am bfing not slacking atm but thing i need to step it up a gear

Jahan Wed 16-Jul-08 10:45:21

Kitchen is fairly clean now but got sidetracked by a couple of extra jobs (bins, recycling, making pasta sauce for ds's lunch)

Am bfing too.

RubyRioja Wed 16-Jul-08 10:47:31

ANother load of washing done and hung.
Now ironingsad

littleducks Wed 16-Jul-08 12:02:41

My pace seems to be slowing since the appearance of dh hmm

Have fiddled with tumble dryer
DDs room cleared ready for hoovering
Ditto living room
Hallway cleared of random shoes and swept
My room half way to clear

Have also shown dh how to operate blender, acted out a play with a winnie the pooh soft toy and repeatedly wound up a musical toy

Am bfing (again) as ds went to sleep last time only to be woken once settled in the cot by dd angry but he seems to have nodded off so will finish my mango milkshake then pop him back in the cot but only have 30 mins or so to go before i need to dress for lunch with friend.

Jahan Wed 16-Jul-08 12:13:18

I did clean the living the room but it looks like a bombsite again (thanks ds1 grin)

Will hoover and put away laundry. Have lunch then off out at 2.

Yorky Wed 16-Jul-08 12:22:10

Anpther distracted wannabe domestic goddess here. So far one washload on line and 2nd just finished, tea in slow cooker and washing up done, trying to work out what yucky smell in fridge is - no food as there isn't any till I work out where 18month old was last playing with my credit card! Planning to hoover cheerios and peas from under dining table but may wait till DS is in bed - certainly silly to do it before he's eaten!
I want to go out somewhere you need to dress for lunch envy our local indoor play place is as exotic as we get!

charliecat Wed 16-Jul-08 12:25:17

I NEED to get started on mine. Am drowning under the clutter....ready steady.....Mumsnet...
Oh I mean ready steady...going to sort kitchengrin

charliecat Wed 16-Jul-08 14:30:41

Did everyone get done? I have done downstairs. Now there is a heap of the stairs needing to come up and ive been sleeping with the hoover for 3 days, must sort out my room toogrin

piratecat Wed 16-Jul-08 14:32:15

i cleaned my car, does this count. I do it about twice a year. thats quite slovenly, and i was quite disgusted at the 'bits' today!!

Yorky Wed 16-Jul-08 15:25:23

Cleaning the car - don't start. At least its a t work with DH today so I can't see how badly it needs doing!
But the house doesn't look that different either!

littleducks Wed 16-Jul-08 15:50:33

now i could keep up pretence or shall i just admit it, i stayed in my pjamas to clean this am so when i dressed for lunch with my friend my clothes were clean, though we only had lunch in the cafe

off now to finish what i should have done this am

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now