Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How can I dry doodles so that they don't smell?

(11 Posts)
FourArms Tue 15-Jul-08 18:06:16

DS1 got his doodles soaking wet last week, and even though I dried them out, they stank. So I've washed them again, and they're still a bit whiffy.

Any tips on a) getting them dry quickly and b) getting rid of the smell.

They're currently in the grill (over the oven) which I'm hoping might help! Oven off now, so they won't melt!

Doodle2U Tue 15-Jul-08 18:07:47

I'd spray summat in them - Fabreez (sp?)

crokky Tue 15-Jul-08 18:08:40

Spin them again in the washing machine on highest spin speed. IME these things dry really quickly after that. What about hairdryer (have not tried this!)

FourArms Tue 15-Jul-08 18:11:14

No Febreeze to hand

I don't really want to spin them again in case it breaks the washing machine (washed them with towels to cushion the blows last time). Hairdryer.... might try that later!

I can highly recommend washing them. I didn't think they'd ever be white again, but they're sparkling now!

Elk Tue 15-Jul-08 18:21:33

I used to stuff dd's doodles with paper and put them out in the sun to dry. (Do you have any sun handy!!!)

FourArms Tue 15-Jul-08 19:32:46

Bit late at night for sun now (although it's been beautiful here today). Will stuff with kitchen roll though. Good idea. Thanks. Have had them on the radiators for a while, but not sure how long I can bear the heating on for!

ShadowyMariaMiller Tue 15-Jul-08 19:33:32

wash em

ChasingSquirrels Tue 15-Jul-08 19:35:25

wierd, ours have never smelt after washing (or maybe they do smell and I don't notice...).
Anyway, I have just left to dry (in the house on the side) and have also tumbled dried.
Never had a problem with spinning in machine, but always throw in with a load of washig anyway.

LIZS Tue 15-Jul-08 19:35:43

In direct sunlight

FourArms Tue 15-Jul-08 19:38:21

They say not to tumble dry.. were yours OK CS?

They didn't so much smell after washing, but after getting wet and taking days to dry due to bad weather.

ChasingSquirrels Tue 15-Jul-08 19:40:56

I think so...I don't remember ever having a problem, although I tend not to tumble very often.
Not that I buy proper doodles anyway, I buy £5.99 Shoe Zone copies, which I actually prefer. But they are basically the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now