Talk

Advanced search

help - is it possible to clean sisal/coir flooring?!

(3 Posts)
vonsudenfed Tue 15-Jul-08 13:29:13

We've got sisal/coir natural flooring in the two upstairs bedrooms - it was there when we moved in. And it was also pristine...

But we've been here less than a year, and it's filthy; I've spilt foot cream and coffee, DD has ground goodness only knows what into it and, as a final straw, the cat crapped on it last week. And none of these stains come off it, they just sit in the weave and laugh at me.

Is there any way I can clean it? Or do I just accept that the people before installed it about a week before they put their house on the market and start saving for some carpet?

MrsTiddles Tue 15-Jul-08 19:01:45

Do you know if it was treated? You should be able to get some kind of cleaning fluid from one of the shops that sell that kind of carpet. I did see one half way between Victoria and Sloane Sq. I'm sure there must be several - and they can advise you, if not sell it to you?

vonsudenfed Tue 15-Jul-08 19:50:13

Thankyou - yes there must be someone who sells it round here, I will ask them. I have to say, right now it's seeming like the most impractical stuff to put down in a house with children...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now