Talk

Advanced search

Tuesday FLY

(45 Posts)
Jas Tue 15-Jul-08 06:17:13

Babysteps and Mission

BiancaCastafiore Tue 15-Jul-08 06:59:13

Morning

I'm going to try to keep up with everyone and everything today.
I could do with doing the missions in the bathroom and also need to seriously blitz my bedroom.
I only really have today this week to do any FLYing so will try to be back with a list and a catch up once the kids are deposited at school

EustaciaVye Tue 15-Jul-08 07:25:50

Morning everyone.

Lucysmam - half of us have been flying for a while and the other half are new. You are more than welcome here

RR - hope DD is feeling a bit less sore.

Too much to do so back later...

RubyRioja Tue 15-Jul-08 07:28:39

Hi all, in school today earnign some brownie points.grin
Welcoem Lucysmam - we are a non-clique. We go to other threads to drag people over here, so muck in!

I treat these threads as motivation, chitterchatter and a confessional.

I think we are not focussed on having perfect homes, so much as not letting our homes take over our lives and minds.

DD says she is more comfortable today but she is always positive about these things. Hopefully everyone will be gentle with her (or else!).
bbl

EHM Tue 15-Jul-08 07:45:14

morning ALL*

*tort
did I see that your dad was visiting again soon?I did I dream ithmm
jasI am hoping that I'll get lots of rest at parents & inlaws Ellie permitting as she is very cllngy with me at moment.So the effects of all the traveling will be nil.Just grateful to be getting away even if its visiting family. Really looking forward to seeing my friends in Scotland.
lucysmamwelcome, these ladies are a great bunch.smile
bianca good luck with the bath/bedroom.good to see yousmile
EVhave a good day.
RR I love they way you describe the threadsgrin

busy here too, will try & get back later. Sorry If that I've not listed personal replies to everyone.blush go I've not said HI to you for a long timeblush

Right must dash laters!

scattyspice Tue 15-Jul-08 08:21:18

Hi all.
Hi lucy Are you a geordie? My DCs call me Mam too.
Done:
BR
wash up
DS bedding in washer
pirate costume assembled

ToDo:
Hoovee
laundry
rest of bedding
tel Dad

BBL

EHM Tue 15-Jul-08 08:41:42

scatty I call by mother mam too & I am from the northeast. dd is just changing between Mummy to Mam

TheMadHouse Tue 15-Jul-08 08:58:22

I am a mum, eventhough I am a Northerner - thats what you get from living down south for 11 years.

Scatty I am in Newcastle tomorrow - Ikea and Costco. Plus my Aunty lives in Wallsend - eek

List for today:

Put away my ironing from yesterday
Start on the spare room
Polish upstairs
Hoover upstirs

I did the mission yesterday, infact I zone cleaned the whole bathroom, so will be doing one of the childrens rooms today.

lucysmam Tue 15-Jul-08 09:58:33

wow, thanks for such a fab welcome!!

Scatty, nope not geordie, just my lo calls me mam and so do rest of family apart from my oh

Think I'm going to give babysteps a go before jumping into anything else. Quite taken with the idea of having a shiny sink before I go to bed!

SirCharlieStinkySocks Tue 15-Jul-08 09:59:08

Well I'm definitely a Mam no-one calls their mother anything else in my neck of the woods!!

Hello to all and welcome new flyers. Planning on getting back to basics today and am planning a full scale sink shining later as I do have sort of routines but it's not very precise or organised so am planning to tackle that issue.

Today I have

Done
Kids dropped off
Bought new underwear for dd
Breakfast dishes
Critters fed

To Do
Make beds
Shine sink
Rip up stupid vinyl floor tiles ready for sanding & painting
Clean hamster (poor bugger still not done it blush)
Open evening at school
Sort out swim gear
Dump crap at dump before strike hits tomorrow

Ok off to get some motivation i.e. breakfast

Catch you later!

SirCharlieStinkySocks Tue 15-Jul-08 10:10:03

Just a thought about the whole shiny sink thing. Do you guys count the draining board? I don't have a dishwasher (no room and don't want one anyway) so theoretically should the drainer be cleared to qualify for 'shiny sink status'.......

Blimey I evidently have too much time on my hands to be mulling over such questions blush

However I am still interested?????

lucysmam Tue 15-Jul-08 10:17:42

lol sircharlie, i would have thought that a shiny sink includes the draining board otherwise you'd have a shiny sink n a draining board that didnt 'match' iyswim, i think its so you dont get up to a sink or draining rack full of pots first thing in the morning when u wana chill with a cuppa for 5 before starting everything you have to do

Shannaratiger Tue 15-Jul-08 10:33:17

Morning all

I have done some ironing shock shock DP has ironed shirts for the first time in 2 years blush
Morning routine is done. DD is at the end of term party at walking playschool until 11, then onto bus playschool. She is going to be soo tired but will be good practice for school.
SCSS Yes I count the draining board as part of the sink, otherwise I would get spray all over the clean dishes.
lucymam welcome, it's great to wake up to a shiny sink rather than last nights washing up.

Will hopefully come back later with a list and more chat. Need to wake DS up and go and pick DD up.

grouchyoscar Tue 15-Jul-08 11:07:39

Jas Hello and thanks for the thread
Bianca Hello to you, hope you are well
EV Howdydoo
EHM Hello, sounds like an expedition and then some, have a good time. I haven't said Hi to anyone for a while so thanks for remembering me
Ruby you've summed up the FLY thread so well. Hope DD is OK and on the mend.
Tiger I loathe ironing so well done
TMH Have fun shopping. I have a feeling the Family Grouch will be in your neck of the woods very soon BTW.

Waves to Scatty Tort Loopy Dyls

And a big WELCOME to LUCYSMAM It's good here. Ruby is right, it's motivational and friendly and not cliquey. I do think that Kelly has the house from American Beauty and as I posses 1 loo, 1 bathroom, no utility room I tend to ignore the missions grin

OK so far I have completed the morning routines, emptied the WM, hung out to dry, called bus companies for timetables serving the Scarborough area and sat on my bum

I have to prep for my interview tomorrow. I've got my clothes ready but there must be something else to do

littlemissloopy Tue 15-Jul-08 11:22:03

Hi all smile

Been a busy bee this morning, dropped kids at school
Cleaned next doors rabbit hutch out (their rabbit died sad but she has let me have the hutch for the Guinea Pigs smile)
Tidied and hoovered and cleaned the kitchen,
Dyed my hair....Currently still on and dying as I type. I'm having my hair cut at very soon so just dying it and washing it before she arrives to cut it.

Thanks for your washing machine tips...I haven't tried it yet, but will do, have to nip over the shop and buy some soda crystals first smile smile will give it a go later.

Have also been busy with my avon stuff, so I have to apologise, not caught up with the thread at all!

Better go and wash this off...she will be here soon. Nice chocolate brown smile

TheMadHouse Tue 15-Jul-08 11:42:09

GO Email me madmadhouse at tiscali dot co dot uk and let me know. Even if you are going to the railway museum in York as I would love to get togther and we could compare our mad DSs, as I think they are very alike.

Just come back from our last toddler group of the summer, I now have to make plans for the whole 8 weeks - urg

SO I am going to crack on with lunch and getting DS1 to preschool.

Then I will FLY with abandon - yeh right grin

Oh I shine my draining board too - it means that no pots are left for the morning - yippee

TheMadHouse Tue 15-Jul-08 11:43:39

Oh I have a strick list for Ikea and Costco

Nappies
Fabric Softner
Bin Bags
Maple Syrup

Ikea

Rolls of paper
Over bed lap tray
step stool - for boys
straws

SirCharlieStinkySocks Tue 15-Jul-08 11:44:56

Arrggghhh

I have just ripped up the vinyl tiles and the floor beneath is a lovely small tiled unsealed terracotta floor (I think) Anyway I plan to clean it up and maybe paint it??? Problem is it's so dirty I can't find anything I own that will shift the dirt!!! It's only a small hallway and would like to restore it if poss. Any ideas??

scattyspice Tue 15-Jul-08 12:36:15

Hi again.

*TMH and EHM* I'm in Heaton, small world eh?
Charlie wow I'd love terracotta floor tiles, they'll look great cleaned up and sealed. I'd start with a scrubbing brush and hot water (big job though hmm).

I don't shine my draining board as also no DW and tend to leave crocks out to dry.

I bribed DCs with a choc button to get dressed this am (it was an emergency lol) and DD told all the school mums that she had choc for breakfast blush.

RubyRioja Tue 15-Jul-08 12:58:54

Hiya
Have toddled to toddler group and picked up emergency supplies for leaving parties. I seem to have signed up for fresh fruit everywhere, so need to go daily hmm.

Should have signed up for bleedin crisps!

Sir Charlie - stop being such a slack alice - of course you need to clean your draining board grin

I'd make a trip to B&Q or local tile warehouse to see what chemicals they have for cleaning. Maybe with high % of citric acid. Sometimes I think industrial strength is essential, but I love hard floors.

lucysmam Tue 15-Jul-08 13:21:36

hey, I'm back, just done this mornings mission on bathroom, in total peace as nana's watching lo. n it looks tidy for a change!!

grouchyoscar Tue 15-Jul-08 14:11:20

TMH We are going to be in Scarborough 2nd week in August if that is within striking distance of you. BTW tell your DH that Iam McNabb is playing Leeds City Varieties on 30/10. Hang on I will mail you

Flying wise I tackled the kitchen mail hotspot and I need 5 new expanding files to be truly organised (Hey DH they are tax deductable grin) and I planted out the purple sprouting broccoli and lettuces too.

I'm well happy, the quote for the replacement porch is less than my initial budget {grin] Yipee skippy

Got a pile of timetables and summer hols info to sort out fun days for Ed over the hols. I'll find tons to do, just grab a packed lunch, magnifying glass, binoculars and a cheap bus pass for Ed and the world's ours

TheMadHouse Tue 15-Jul-08 14:11:39

Ruby Your toddlers are much more upper class than mine - I just buy party rings on 2 for 1 at Tesco - he he he

Sir Would echo Ruby, elbow greese too. Hard floors are fab.

Polish uptairs - done
Ironing away - done
More Ironing
Brought washing in - done
Cleaned Kitchen bin - done

I am currently having a nice cup of tea. I need to pop to Argos have just ordered some books at half price for the boys leapfrog pads.

babyjjbaby Tue 15-Jul-08 14:36:30

hiya everyone hope u r all ok haven't been doing much flyingblush but have sold my bed so need to sort out some stuff in my room anyone got any tips for trying to get rid of bits and picese the babys chest of draws is on landing cos his room is a box room but dad has told me to get out of his way and if i have it in babies room it means that his jumperro has to go sad and it is the ugliest thing ever and makes the room look horrible do u think i would be mad to get rid of it and just have his stuff folded up he has got 3 draws and i have got drwas of it and dunno where it is all gonna go all my brothers stuff is in one of the built in wardrobes so that is going in the attic and the toys which were under my bed it was a midsleeper is going in the wardrobe any tips on sorting stuff out we have loads of stuff but doesn't everyone and am getting het up also need to find a second hand bed as i am now sleeping on the mattress on the floor lol and noone has got any for sale

littlemissloopy Tue 15-Jul-08 14:44:38

smile Hi again,

Hair all cut, and guinea pigs all rehomed smile

Just off to deliver some avon orders, then get DD1 and DS from school.

DD1 is chuffed to bits, the school had arranged a Falconary display, and parents were invited to watch (I couldn't go....having my hair done) but my neighbour went along, and said that my DD1 had been picked out to have a falcon land on her arm! Cool! (Although she is only very small for a 6 year old, so heaven knows how she managed to hold it) I am expecting to hear all about it smile

I had terracotta tiles in our last house, throughout the kitchen and hall....lovely!
No suggestions really , just a bit of elbow grease I guess.

Right better get on...

Oh and WELCOME Lucy'smam smile smile
I am a Lucysmam too (although she calls me mum....and most usually, mum..mum... no idea why but she says everyone's name twice!)

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now