Talk

Advanced search

Omg ive actually done it

(17 Posts)
Giraffescantdancethetango Mon 14-Jul-08 18:17:48

I have a flat that is clutter free shock its taken a long time chucking out stuff/recycling etc. And on Sat moved in to the new flat and its looking lovely - evrythings unpacked and all has a place. I keep wandering around gleefully. Now I just need to keep this up and not let it go back!!

Really never thought I could have a home like this - used to be the worst slattern in the world.

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 14-Jul-08 18:18:55

Oh well done you

HumphreyCushioni Mon 14-Jul-08 18:19:14

Well done, girraffes! grin

BreeVanderCampLGJ Mon 14-Jul-08 18:19:35

grin

DanJARMouse Mon 14-Jul-08 18:22:23

yay!

want to come and do mine?

Although saying that, have been very productive today and its looking less like a shit hole and more like a home!

ComeOVeneer Mon 14-Jul-08 18:22:32

Doesn't it make you feel all calm and happy? grin

Countingthegreyhairs Mon 14-Jul-08 18:33:23

envy but good for you!!

Still battling here ... good to know it's possible to get there in the end

gscrym Mon 14-Jul-08 18:34:50

I've got 2 days DS free next week. The de-cluttering will happen then.

Giraffescantdancethetango Mon 14-Jul-08 18:58:30

COV - Yup makes me feel wonderful, my friend was up yesterday and she flung open a cupboard - usually Id have screamed NOOOO but it was fine, was all just nicely organised, because I dont have mountains of crap to try and hide. grin

Its totally worth it!!!

oggsfrog Mon 14-Jul-08 19:01:51

Well done you smile

How did you do it? I'm a terrible hoarder and need inspiration.

Califrau Mon 14-Jul-08 19:07:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

giraffescantdancethetango Tue 15-Jul-08 15:20:15

frog

You know what this board helped a lot, I often posted when Id done little bits and others posted saying they had done similar and how worthwhile it was so that kept me going.

I took an area at a time - with regular breaks in between. I had beside me a rubbish bag, a recycling bag, a charity shop bag and a keep pile. And I was just ruthless.

Good luck

Rubyrubyruby Tue 15-Jul-08 15:21:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

elmoandella Tue 15-Jul-08 15:27:17

maybe my house would look a lot nicer if i spent less time on here??? hmm

charliecat Tue 15-Jul-08 15:46:16

Well Done You.

envy

envy

envy

FAQ Tue 15-Jul-08 15:49:27

well done giraffe - I'm still in the midst of decluttering my house (and there was a LOT of decluttering to do - ask ShelleyLou and ItsMYmummy - they know lol) and MN has helped me too

All those "going to spend 15 minutes with a bag etc"

Thankfully now I'm onto the "get stuff sold" stage and have made a tentative start putting ads in the local free ads section and a few bits on ebay. Too much stuff (and not enough money) for me to just take it all to the charity shop/

Fizzylemonade Tue 15-Jul-08 17:56:36

Well done GCDTT!

I did it too but now it has reverted back a bit and I am battling to get it back. sad

It is a truly weird sensation to know that I had a big family party and yet it was all very serene and calm the day before as I wasn't frantically cleaning and trying to get everything shoved into the only room they wont go in put away grin

2 birthday parties later, more toys and a holiday my house it just a bit messy.

I will get it back to tidy state and I will be emptying my loft of lots of baby stuff as ds2 is now over 2 so I need to get rid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now