Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best vacuum cleaner for wooden floors and allergies?

(6 Posts)
PollyFlinders Mon 14-Jul-08 09:46:01

I'm asthmatic, we've got wooden floors throughout the house and have a reasonable budget.

DH wants a Dyson, but are they worth the money? I've heard about these HEPA filters, but anything that doesn't throw dust into the air and make me wheeze will do...

misdee Mon 14-Jul-08 10:04:33

we ahve a dyson dc22 baby. its good on my hard floors (all over my home, no carpet just a couple of rugs), is a cylinder one, andmeans i can get to all the awkeard places around my home. all my dd's have allergies, two have eczema.

mine gets used daily. i dont have stairs so dont have to worry about that, but use it to clear cobwebs etc etc.

CoffeeCrazedMama Mon 14-Jul-08 10:18:24

I have hard floors most rooms and hall, and find the sebo brilliant. The turbo attachment goes from rugs and stair carpet to the hardfloors without you having to click anything to change position of the head.

Dozymare Mon 14-Jul-08 10:34:29

cannot recommend the "Henry" highly enough....2 speeds (higest is still very quiet) and 2 suction levels...very very good on wooden floors at getting inbetween the slats.....we have had 2 dysons which although good, the Henry is over £100 cheaper....PLUS was told that the reason why hotels/businesses use the Henry is because it is so good...

TeriHatchetJob Mon 14-Jul-08 10:38:06

Another vote for the Dyson.

Ssuperb fo wooden floors and carpets and good attachments for fiddly bits. Never loses suction and after service is second to none.

I accidently broke a small part and from that learnt that a very nice man comes out to repair your part and for a bit extra (total, about £40) will give the whole mahine a good going over and repair anything else, all included in that price.

So basically if you buy a Dyson you have it for life and will never need to buy another one.

PollyFlinders Mon 14-Jul-08 23:32:49

Thanks for your replies, I'm not in the UK so don't think the Henry or Sebo is an option although I remember that cleaners always use them so they must be good. And DS would probably get over his vacuum phobia if it had a smiley face on it.

Might go for the Dyson then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now