Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How can I clean this high chair?

(7 Posts)
Haylstones Mon 14-Jul-08 09:41:35

I haven't used our high chair for a few years and just got it out of the garage for ds to find it is totally manky. It has stains all over it and the straps have gone mouldy. None of the seat or straps can be removed so I really don't know how I can clean it (have tried blasting it with the hose in the garden). Does anyone have any ideas? I may be able to borrow a stram cleaner if this owuld help. The straps etc are lilac so if I use bleach I'm worried it'll look ridiculous but not remove the mould anyway! We've been feeding ds in his bumbo but he's losing the circulation in his legs when he sits in it now so we need to move him into the high chair asap!

Haylstones Mon 14-Jul-08 10:33:42

smile
any ideas?

Ivegotaheadache Mon 14-Jul-08 10:37:57

If you give the straps a good scrub the mould should be removed but to get rid of the stains you may have to use bleach.
It might look a bit odd, but they will soon be covered in food stains so it shouldn't be noticeable for long!

The only other thing to get rid of mould stains on fabric like clothes is an oxygen fabric bleach. You can also buy tubs of stain remover like vanish oxy action, which should do th etrick.
You can use lemon juice and put it out in the sun for a few days, but I don't know how effective it would be.

youngbutnotdumb Mon 14-Jul-08 10:56:04

Ace bleach is good for colours I use it in my washing from time to time with no problems so far.

I reckon if you mixed it with warm water and used a good sponge scourer it should get it off.

If that fails try making a paste with regular soappowder and putting it on the stains and leaving for about 10 minutes then scrub it, Ive done this on my pram straps countless times and it leaves them spotless.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Haylstones Mon 14-Jul-08 11:02:01

Thanks. AM off to raid my cupboards to see what I can find to try!
Fingers crossed smile

Tyme Mon 14-Jul-08 15:15:29

I used a bit of washing powder and a bit of bleach in quite warm water. Saw it on 'How Clean is Your House' and it works brilliantly grin
(Never buy high chairs made of fabric)

Haylstones Tue 15-Jul-08 09:54:14

Cheers all, highchair is almost clean! I caked it in a bicarb of soda paste, which got most of it off then soaked the straps in a solution of washing powder and warm water overnight and blasted it with a steam cleaner this morning. Voila, only a few little mould marks left so am very happy! Ds can now eat in comfort without losing the circulation in his thighs in his bumbo smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now