Talk

Advanced search

Spent all weekend tidying and decluttering - how can I stay on top of housework from tomorrow please??

(9 Posts)
dinny Sun 13-Jul-08 22:21:09

Have done so much sorting, it looks lovely, dh and I have worked really hard. How can I stay on top of it all? What jobs do I need to do every day, can some of you houseproud MNetters tell me your routine?

Thanks!

somersetmum Sun 13-Jul-08 22:27:05

Recycle all the paper rubbish, including the dcs' scribblings. Only keep what you really need to. Put dc drawings you want to keep in scrapbook or file.

Get the dcs in the habit of putting all their toys back where they belong at the end of the day.

dinny Sun 13-Jul-08 22:28:40

I am SO bad at throwing their drawings away - and dd makes loads of sculptures too, and can't bear to chuck them! I do put them away in loft though periodically

Califrau Sun 13-Jul-08 22:30:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dinny Sun 13-Jul-08 22:31:35

oooh, good idea, Califrau

onepieceoflollipop Sun 13-Jul-08 22:31:56

Every time you see a relative get your dcs to "give" them one of the pictures as a present.

I try and do maybe 2-3 household jobs every day, say half an hour of housework. e.g. one load of laundry, wash bathroom floor, change bed (on one day).

accessorizequeen Sun 13-Jul-08 22:35:35

I follow flylady kind of which does help you to develop routines & keep it under control - why don't you look at a flybaby thread?

nelliesmum Sun 13-Jul-08 22:40:35

Move husband and children into a caravan in the garden.

Califrau Mon 14-Jul-08 22:01:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now