Talk

Advanced search

Weekend FLY

(44 Posts)
Jas Sat 12-Jul-08 09:39:17

smile

Jas Sat 12-Jul-08 09:42:34

Is anyone doing babysteps at the weekend?

Good morning all

Where is everyone?

DP is at work,and I'm feeling lazy. I need a kick to get me going....is anyone there?

TheMadHouse Sat 12-Jul-08 09:52:18

I am here, but only just.

DH let me have a lie in, he also got up with DS1 during the night, so I feel a lot better this morning.

I am having a quite cuppa and then we will sort out what we are doing for the weekend.

Not much flying planned, apart from the basic routines.

Catch you all alter

Simply Great update

Jas Sat 12-Jul-08 10:18:10

envy @lie in. (Although we did manage to get ds back to bed after he got up at 5.30 for a bit of grown up timewinkgrin before dp went to work.)

I've hung out the washing and mopped the kithen floor.

We're going out at 11, so I'll put another load on and get the bathroom done next I think.

EustaciaVye Sat 12-Jul-08 11:57:36

I'm here. Been out and braved B&Q with the kids and DH. hmm Now we're having pancakes for lunch (DH is cooking)

biglips Sat 12-Jul-08 12:05:27

yummy!!! Pancakes!!...pass me some pplluurrsseeee smile

Well the kids are on the Wii with Dp so at least they are out of my way whilst im just tidying up around everywhere. Gotta go to the tip today and also put a bathroom blind up too.

At least the weather is decent!

Shannaratiger Sat 12-Jul-08 13:13:23

Afternoon all

Jas we had a 5:30 start too, breakfast and CBeebies kept DD happy for 30 mins before DP had to go to work. grin
EV shock B&Q with DC's & DH, no way. Pancakes sound good. Keep promising DP I'm going to make some and keep forgetting. hmm

Not much FLYing here. Not enough dirty clothes for a load shock Will be tomorrow though.
Have just survived shoe shopping on a saturday £36 shock. Children's shoe department upstairs, no lift therefore buggy stays at bottom so trying to keep hold of DS and sort DD's shoes out. sad
We are now eating lunch. Both DC's are then going for a nap, they are both falling asleep eating theri crisps. smile

Hi biglips, TMH and everyone else.
Had better then clear up kitchen, shine the sink adn attack a hot spot at least.

BBL

tortoise Sat 12-Jul-08 13:23:08

Hello.
envy @ lie ins and grown up time! grin

We have been to the shops and just about to do lunch.
Passed a friends house and saw Birthday banner on the window. Reminded me that it is her party tonight. Ooops! Now it says RSVP and i haven't but when she gave me the invite i said i was sure we could go. So am i ok to just turn up? Nothing decent to wear though. Well i do have my top from FLYers. Think it will be that and black trousers which i already have on. might need a quick hand wash and dry before tonight though so i better go change. grin

Not much housework done yet so i had better do lunch then get on with it.

RubyRioja Sat 12-Jul-08 14:37:45

hi all
been doing homework
tv ban continues
intesresting experiment

DD1 packed her suitacase and left home. (wearing an age 2-3 pocohontas outfit and a pair of crocs). She is 9. My crime - 'forcing' her to correct the mistakes in her math homework.

what joy

Shannaratiger Sat 12-Jul-08 14:59:49

Ruby ? tv ban. Actualy I got loads more done and the kids played fine yesterday when the tv wasn't working. lol at DD1 leaving in 2-3 outfit.

RubyRioja Sat 12-Jul-08 16:26:42

Mine seemed to be so scrappy atm, so I wondered if a tellyban would make a difference. Was not all all the time, but they would watch a particular programme, then leave it on, then anotherdd would start to watch something and it expanded.

I will probably put a film on tonight so I can de-nit them grin

Have made cocnut ice today as cleared out kitchen cupboard and found ingredients. Bloomin lovely!

EustaciaVye Sat 12-Jul-08 18:48:14

We've had no tv from 8.30-5pm tonight and I noticed a difference in my kids. DD1 more creative with play and DD2 much more happy to play alone.

TheMadHouse Sat 12-Jul-08 19:27:15

Evening all

I keep thinking about a ban, will discuss more with DH tonight.

We had to brave the really wet weather and got DS1 a wet weather coat and some waterproofing for ours and DS2's coat, as they are no longer stopping any rain

I actually managed to get the boys a pair of doodles each in the sales for £8, which should see them through the summer. But the shop was heaving.

We didnt get out till late. I am hoping for better weather tomorrow for the duck derby

Jas Sat 12-Jul-08 19:30:57

Weather was nice here. Spent most of the day at a (free) homestart thing with the dcgrin

I couldn't ban tv, I like the background noiseblush and do watch alot mself, but have found that since getting rid of sky the dds hardly watch any more anyway.They no longer get stuck in hours and hours of cartoons etc as it just isn't available.

TheMadHouse Sat 12-Jul-08 19:37:22

Jas envy at the nice weather

We went into pizza express (had voucher) and were agast at the people in front. 3 couples, 2 with tiny babies (3 months if that), as there was not room for them adn the prams, they woke one of the babys up shock and then later they gave the poor mite SMA white and babyrice. DH was looking at them open mouthed. He even comented on the fact they had a bugaboo, but where using it as a buggy with the baby facing away and the same with the pramette the other couple had.

We are obviously strange, as I kept mine laid flat and looking at me (or rather me looking at them) for as long as possible.

We are strange people

Jas Sat 12-Jul-08 19:40:46

They are strange people.

I was reminiscing today about my big old pram that I used for the dds, which could even have them facing me sitting up when they were bigger. Poor ds went facing away straight away and I hated itsad (but couldn't justify a hugely expensive pram.)

At 3 months I was still carrying him in a sling more ofen than not.

rowingboat Sat 12-Jul-08 19:42:55

Hii, I'm still doing babysteps Jas! grin
This is a work day for me, and on the way home my stupid car broke down! Waah! So haven't had much time to do any babysteps.
I did actually brave the forums on Flylady [gulp] and got as far as reading one of the 'read this' bits on the newbie section. The most helpful bit was where a fly lady person said it wasn't necessary to do one baby step a day - Phew! I liked that bit. grin
So I'm on babysteps day off today! Yes!
Have only done a bit of washing up and swiping around the kitchen, but have decluttered a cupboard - what a load of ** I had in there, now off to recycling. So cupboard two here I come.
I find the emptying it all out easy, it's the deciding what to do with things that's difficult. It's funny how you try to justify keeping old index cards in a broken holder. grin

dylsmum1998 Sat 12-Jul-08 19:58:27

evening all
we've just been to the kent county show, well just me and ds as dd is with her dad. have a had a lovely day saw lots of animals. ds held a baby chick and now wants chickens, stroked a rabbit, wants one saw horses wants some. a tractor wants one.
had a go on wii-fit you guessed it he wants one grin

i dont need a house i need a farm!! grin mind you i think i'd enjoy it if i did. i'd love looking after the animals not sure i'd like to send them off to be slaughtered think i'd find that hard

i need to tv ban too, mine are getting terrible for it at the moment. think i'll intrduce it and see how things go. they dont watch it put it on and then it stays on as background for hours

TheMadHouse Sat 12-Jul-08 20:16:43

DS1 has just come toddling doen, really hot and sweaty - running a temperature, asking for water and calpol - bless him.

Just checked his temp and he is right 39.4

Daddy is trying to settle him back down, I hope I am not in for a bad night, as it is DHs turn for a lie in

TheMadHouse Sat 12-Jul-08 21:09:32

DS1 has just gone back to bed. I hope he is feeling better soon

dylsmum1998 Sat 12-Jul-08 21:52:20

tmh poor ds sad. hope he's ok and sleeps well fpr you

TheMadHouse Sun 13-Jul-08 01:53:12

DS1 has just wet the bed, due to so much coughing, so I had popped a whites wash on and put him in bed with DH - they are both snoring now.

I may leave them there nad go to bed in DS1s bed

TheMadHouse Sun 13-Jul-08 08:19:43

Up again at 5.30 so not much sleep for me.

I have the washer on and once I pop something on my feet might hang some on the line.

Boys are fed, but not dressed yet

Jas Sun 13-Jul-08 08:40:12

Morning, TMHsmile

Sorry you had a bad night. I hope ds is ok today.

Mine are all eating porridge, and washing is on the line. I need to sort out dd2s room again today.We had 10 children in the house yesterday and it shows!

EustaciaVye Sun 13-Jul-08 09:23:21

TMH - hope DS feels a bit better today.

Well, I have moved tea-time from 5pm to 6pm and seem to be getting an extra hour out of DD2s sleep in the morning so now she is getting up at 6.30 instead of 5.30 which is better.

DH is at work this morning so I have blitz upstairs by hoovering, roughly cleaning bathrooms and putting any stray items in a laundry basket (which is now full of things needing rehoming) blush and so it all looks nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now