Talk

Advanced search

If a cat pee'd on your wet washing, would you...

(13 Posts)
Pavlovthecat Fri 11-Jul-08 17:12:02

A) throw it away
B) wash it on a boil wash/hot as possible wash?

palaver Fri 11-Jul-08 17:14:22

c) rewash on normal wash

MamaG Fri 11-Jul-08 17:14:44

B

Why would you throw clothes away just becuase of a bit of cat piss?!

My old cat Smokey was incontient (at the end) when asleep and my sister and I were a bit lax about keeping her off the washing (regular phrase from mum)!

itati Fri 11-Jul-08 17:15:31

Rewash it again on a normal wash and repeat if necessary.

snorris Fri 11-Jul-08 17:17:59

Do you mean the washing or the cat? wink

I'd redo the washing and throw the cat away grin

Pavlovthecat Fri 11-Jul-08 17:19:45

I think it is in my nostrils!

I hung most of out, and left some in the washing basket. Cats in our area been squabbling about territory so one of our cats marked it with fowl smelling pee. Not your usual, need a wee pee.

I did not realise [blush[ until after I hung it up, in a rush, smelt something cat pee like id not think anything of it. Until later that day, with it piled high with my clean clothes.

Then I realised.

Then I found a tee-shirt in DHs draw which smelt of it, and I realised this has been the shirt blown onto the wall by the wind, been rained on so was already wet, re-hung and then put away! They had been on that too....

Everything just smells now.

And I have a house veiwing tomorrow [sob]!

So normal wash is fine? Good because I had already done that, just expected to be told to boil it by Mners!

snorris Fri 11-Jul-08 17:27:34

Biological powder/liquid etc should get rid of the smell.This is more for floors but it mentions Napisan too for getting rid of the odour.

Pavlovthecat Fri 11-Jul-08 17:34:48

I keep finding things that whiff of it. Reading that article snorris, could it be that they pee'd on it outside and then when it was brought it, they smelt it and then wee'd on a clean pile that had that t-shirt on it?

I know there was one pile of washing that got pee-d on, but it just seems that there is more!

I just put loads of clean clothes into DDs drawer, which has been dried indoors, and couple dried outside, but definitely on the washing line, and I got a whiff, one of her trousers stinks of it.

Its driving me insane!

I have DD pee'ing all over the place as she keeps taking her nappy of and has not quite mastered the potty yet, and the cats being everywhere too. I think I stink of it too now! blush sad hmm.

Have washed in biological powder, although I dont usually use it, and I usually wash at 30 but not at the moment!

Pavlovthecat Fri 11-Jul-08 17:35:57

...or could it have been another cat pee'ing on it, then our cats pee'ing on it when I brought it in to mark their territory?!

RubyRioja Fri 11-Jul-08 17:36:20

Frankly I would soon have a pair of nice furry slippers and no feline problems.

Pavlovthecat Fri 11-Jul-08 17:37:58

ruby its tempting, they have been right royal pains in the arse recently! and there are two, so DH and I could have a pair each! grin

snorris Fri 11-Jul-08 17:38:56

Could be. I'm convince my ancient mogger has peed in the conservatory but no-one else can smell it hmm. I think it's one of those smells that lingers and like you say gets stuck in your nostrils.

Pavlovthecat Fri 11-Jul-08 17:40:58

snorris - its a horrible smell isn't it? I am not surprised it wards of other cats, its yuck!

I dont want to become some old cat lady who lives in a cat pee smelling house, like a mother of a friend when I grew up, crazy old lady smelled of cat pee! Can imagine DD being embarrased to bring friends home in a few years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now