Talk

Advanced search

Is it just mke, or do Asda George clothes shrink if you put them in the dryer?

(5 Posts)
saltire Fri 11-Jul-08 08:41:41

On a low setting. A few times I have noticed it, I don't use my dryer very often, but yesterday had to dry some school clothes for the DSes and 2 new polo shirts, one age 9/10 the other 12/13 both shrank a lot, and they were only in for 10 minutes on low!
I've also noticed it with washing, all their clothes now have a 30 degree wash temp on them, however, when a pair of school trousers got washed with some other things on a 40, they shrank.
i ahd thought the 30 degre thing was to encourage people to wash at lower temps for the enviornemnt issue

PestoMonster Fri 11-Jul-08 08:46:21

I've noticed this too, with the school polo shirts. I changed this year and got ones from M & S and they don't shrink in my drier. It is very annoying.

TheMadHouse Fri 11-Jul-08 08:48:52

Stopped buying ASDA, as it was false economy, they just didnt last. The would also go out of shape too.

I sound like a snob, but I only buy GAP, Boden and fatface type stuff now - in the sales of course. At least I can pass them down to DS2

herbietea Fri 11-Jul-08 08:49:06

Message withdrawn

saltire Fri 11-Jul-08 09:22:34

I had been buying Asda school uniform because they did the adjustable waist trousers in age 13, which I need for 10year old DS1. Might try M&S though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now