Talk

Advanced search

Oh god. fungus in toddler's bedroom...

(6 Posts)
toddlerhip Thu 10-Jul-08 19:10:56

Any tips on how to get black fungus off the carpet?

Also, is it dangerous for them to breathe it in?

bubblagirl Thu 10-Jul-08 19:20:21

it is in large quantities its the spores that are dangerous i have found only bbleach has got rid

if on walls then you can bleach and buy a damp seal paint

you may need to find where damp is to be able to treat properly

bubblagirl Thu 10-Jul-08 19:21:05

it could aslo be caused by condensation so make sure room is well ventilated if heat is on have window slightly open as condensation could be gathering at bottom of the wall

toddlerhip Thu 10-Jul-08 23:32:03

It is on the floor in a corner. There was a fungus growing about the size of 2 walnuts. It was behind a pile of stuff that hadn't been moved for about 6 months. But i don't think the room is particularly damp. It's not really on the walls, just this corner of carpet. I don't really want to bleach the carpet. Have scrubbed with detergent and dried with a hot hairdrier but there is still a stain....

bubblagirl Fri 11-Jul-08 09:20:15

have you googled they may have some cure like bicarb or something

toddlerhip Fri 11-Jul-08 16:53:32

yes, did eventually find a product through an article in the guardian. It's based on sodium percarbonate by a company on mistral (who are closed for 10 days!) It's an oxygen bleach & breaks down organic compounds (for anyone looking for this in the future!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now