Talk

Advanced search

Washing machine soap drawer

(10 Posts)
thebecster Thu 10-Jul-08 16:09:04

Mine is completely manky, and I know that you're supposed to remove & clean before the mould builds up (too late for that in this case). But how do I get the darned thing off? Have been pulling gently and wiggling but am concerned a bit of plastic will snap off if I pull too hard. Is there a knack to getting them off? Washing machine is property of landlady and don't want/can't afford to break it!

malovitt Thu 10-Jul-08 16:11:09

Pull it out as far as it will go then lift & pull at the same time.
My three previous machines have all had the same method of removal.

thebecster Thu 10-Jul-08 16:27:09

It's off! And soaking in very hot soapy water (fabric conditioner bit was full of black mould - urgh!). Thank you so much malovitt, very kind of you to reply to me!

lucysmam Sun 13-Jul-08 14:19:32

did u get washing machine drawer sorted? I've only just seen this thread and when my old 1 was manky and horrid I struggled to get it out so used 1 of those dish washing brushes to scrub it with loads of washing up liquid - managed to do all the jets too and it came up ok. Then oh came home and got the drawer out straight away!! Typical

mum2oneloudbaby Wed 16-Jul-08 09:15:26

did you get the mould off. have been struggling to control the mould on mine. any tips?

LIZS Wed 16-Jul-08 09:17:22

white vinegar

EustaciaVye Wed 16-Jul-08 13:08:55

put it in the dishwasher

mum2oneloudbaby Thu 17-Jul-08 10:21:37

thanks lizs will try the white vinegar.

unfortunately already tried the dishwasher came out clean but still mouldy!

chocbutton Thu 17-Jul-08 17:48:49

useful website - even has pictures!

mum2oneloudbaby Fri 18-Jul-08 09:43:06

with sites like this i may yet become a domestic goddess grin or at least have a clean soap drawer. thanks chocbutton

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now