Talk

Advanced search

Ecover non-bio washing powder.... in the US

(7 Posts)
babyOcho Wed 09-Jul-08 10:38:33

We are going to San Francisco for an extended stay. We use Ecover non-bio here, and want to use the same in SF to prevent any reaction in DD.

Now, I know that I can get it from Whole Foods or even online from herbtrader. However, does anyone know where this is non-bio?

*Laundry Powder 48 & 96 oz*

Cheers.

kitkat9 Wed 09-Jul-08 15:41:17

do you mean whether this is non-bio? I'm not sure, but it does say it's good for baby clothes.

You can get loads of different types of non bio in the States, and there is usually quite a selection of environmentally-friendly choices in the regular supermarket. Most of the main brands offer 'free and clear', meaning they're free of artificial scents etc, so would be fine for sensitive skin, I would think.

Bear in mind that the majority of washing machines here are top loaders and I find that liquid detergents are better for these - you don't see as many powders and I don't think I've ever seen any in the tablet form.

Could you not bring enough ecover to last for your stay?

babyOcho Wed 09-Jul-08 18:59:20

DP seems to think that we wont be able to get it through, might get taken in for questioning!!

I wanted to use the same stuff that we use here. Just to make sure that DD wouldnt react to a change in detergent.

I wonder if people do put boxed, unopened washing powder in the hold?

nannyL Wed 09-Jul-08 21:01:49

does your child normally react to a change?

if not i wouldnt worry too much!

kitkat9 Thu 10-Jul-08 00:30:10

I would just pack a box in your suitcase then...and hope it's not mistaken for anything else grin

Califrau Thu 10-Jul-08 00:46:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UnderRated Thu 10-Jul-08 00:59:09

I am not sure about the rules of carrying detergents but I think you are not meant to. I am sure you can google to find out - I have done that in the past.

Also, you can contact the manufacturer to ask if their product is available in the US and, if not, what they suggest.

WholeFoods sells lots of Ecover type things - I am sure they will have something similar. But, like Cali says, check the ingredients.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now