Talk

Advanced search

White jeans are now lilac after being washed with a red t shirt - is there any way to restore them to whiteness?

(7 Posts)
Nighbynight Tue 08-Jul-08 17:34:56

Au Pair left a t shirt in her wash by mistake, and her favourite white jeans are now a lovely lilac.

I am sure this must have been done before, a quick scan didn't show anything, does anyone know what to do to get the dye out again?

Anna8888 Tue 08-Jul-08 17:37:50

Bleach - soak in a bucket of very dilute bleach overnight.

FluffyMummy123 Tue 08-Jul-08 17:38:45

Message withdrawn

southeastastra Tue 08-Jul-08 17:39:41

colour run stuff

Nighbynight Tue 08-Jul-08 18:31:43

thank you all. I am in germany, will look in the supermarket for anything that looks like white restorer or colour run stuff.

bleach is not nearly so common here as in france. Must bring a 5L bottle back next time lol.

alibo Tue 08-Jul-08 19:10:22

i have a similar problem with two pairs of white trousers that were washed with a new cotton vest; some of the purple from the vest has gone into the white trousers! i have already tried standard vanish stain removers etc. HELP!!! Have seen some "DYLON COLOUR RUN " stuff on the internet, anyone seen it in the supermarkets. will start a new thread also under "products"

Nighbynight Wed 09-Jul-08 21:33:13

well I bought a small box of stuff in the supermarket today that had a "before" picture with a pink t shirt and an "after" with a white t shirt, and we ran the machine again with this stuff....the jeans came out sparkling white, AP is ecstatic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now