Talk

Advanced search

why does my kitchen smell of cheesey feet?

(23 Posts)
SlartyBartFast Tue 01-Jul-08 22:04:38

there are no cheesey feet hiding there?

missingtheaction Tue 01-Jul-08 22:06:36

cheesy wotsits or monster munch under the fridge? or an old sock? or a drunk teenager in the bin?

gigglewitch Tue 01-Jul-08 22:07:06

how many BOYS live in the house?? grin
some male monster of the three in our house is always leaving one odd stinky cheesy sock in hidden corners of our kitchen and lounge shock

either that or you should see if it follows you around... if it does then your nose is too close to ya feet grin

whomovedmychocolate Tue 01-Jul-08 22:08:14

Ah now the cheesy feet smell is a particular brand of bacteria. When did you spill milk? Check the floor wherever you make tea normally.

SlartyBartFast Tue 01-Jul-08 22:10:06

does off milk turn into a cheesy feet smell? seriously? could be where i chuch recycling milk bottles, without rinsing sometimes blush

or perhaps its a sock? grin

gigglewitch Tue 01-Jul-08 22:15:14

milk bottles - well not so much bottles cos they clean easily, it's those horrible plastic carton things. sounds like the most sand and sensible suggestion yet.

shock it's from her!!!!

grin sorry WMMC. Stop being sensible, please.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 01-Jul-08 22:15:32

It does indeed. You slattern shock grin

gigglewitch Tue 01-Jul-08 22:16:13

sand???? meant SANE.

which i obviously am not

whomovedmychocolate Tue 01-Jul-08 22:17:00

Oh and I'm not being sensible. At 36 weeks pregnant I spent two hours today up to my tits in the fish pond, fully dressed, cleaning out the pond filters (three of the buggers) as part of my bizarre nesting instincts. DH has pictures apparently of me up to my hair in blanketweed and koi!

SlartyBartFast Tue 01-Jul-08 22:27:26

did it smell?

gigglewitch Tue 01-Jul-08 22:28:56

ok. that is not sensible. I take back my accusation of Sanity.

grin

<did what smell? WMMC or the fish? or the pond? even the DH?shock>

Ecmo Tue 01-Jul-08 22:29:47

you're lucky the koi didnt latch on with their big sucky mouths shock

SlartyBartFast Tue 01-Jul-08 22:30:10

pond? grin

gigglewitch Tue 01-Jul-08 22:30:25

pmsl

whomovedmychocolate Tue 01-Jul-08 22:38:19

The pond did smell, even after a very long shower I could still smell the sodding fetid water and I have just noticed I have a big hole in my foot (fucking evil fish).

Have just seen photos! I thought he was kidding but apparently not. We do have a very large fishpond - it's probably twenty feet across at least and in the middle is quite deep. It's imperative that the three filters are cleaned once a year - it's been there several years now and this was the first time blush.

Koi have teeth btw. Two little ones at the front. And they are bastard grumpy from being in various ponds for 40 odd years with people coming up to them, chucking dried fish mush at them and making comments like 'cor I bet they'd go lovely with chips' when we do the open gardens thing! wink

whomovedmychocolate Tue 01-Jul-08 23:04:17

For your entertainment I have uploaded one of the pics onto my profile. Hope my fricking mw doesn't see it though - I'm allegedly 'resting quietly' at home wink

maidamess Tue 01-Jul-08 23:06:28

Now ,I had a smell of Camembert at the bottom of my stairs and was roundly laughed at by most of MN when I raised it in a thread...so you have my best wishes.

No one could tell me what my smell was though. And its stopped now.

Ecmo Tue 01-Jul-08 23:06:55

tell your mw you got unbearably hot and need to go for a dip

SlartyBartFast Wed 02-Jul-08 12:55:07

oh thanks maidamess, am contemplating raising it with the day time crowd, the evenign lot are much too merry grin

notwavingjustironing Wed 02-Jul-08 12:58:53

Has someone wiped up milk with the dishcloth and then not rinsed it out? Especially if they have then wiped another surface which is now dry? (try sniffing the worksurfaces) gross I know....

maidamess Wed 02-Jul-08 12:59:40

Someone sensible suggested it may a leak somewhere that was causing the pong du fromage.

SlartyBartFast Wed 02-Jul-08 13:00:29

my fridge is a bit iffy as well, so i spose it could be that... or the dog grin

devanteblack Tue 29-Nov-16 20:26:38

@gigglewitch. Why do you highlight BOYS? If anything, little girls feet stink WAY more than boys, and I think every parent with girls and boys know that. That is why the Rotten Sneaker Contest from Odor Eaters was won by more GIRLS. And for 3 years in a row it was a GIRL that beat out all the boys. One year a very cute 11 year old GIRL won, and the runner up was a very cute little 6 year old GIRL.So stop trying to point out only boys feet stink, because that is so not true. I grew up around a brother, a nephew and tons of boy cousins who never had stinky feet, but all my sisters and FEMALE cousins and friends has VERY cheesy stinky smelling feet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now