Talk

Advanced search

FLYing - baby steps - day 6 - Monday

(65 Posts)
CindersNeedsHelp Mon 01-Oct-07 08:40:36

Morning ladies. Sorry I didnt post last night, busy weekend, will write about it in a mo. But a recap (taken from Daisy&BooToo) for last week can be found below.

I understand the consensus for this baby steps group is to have weekends off, but everyone feel free to do whatever suits you.

Today, Day 6, is about Hot Spots. So the routine for today is:

Get dressed
Shine your sink
Read today's reminders
Read personal reminders (paper or electronic)
Turn any negative voices into nice ones
2 minute Hot Spot

Recap:
Day 1 on MN
Day 2 on MN
Day 3 on MN
Day 4 on MN
Day 5 on MN

CindersNeedsHelp Mon 01-Oct-07 08:45:43

As FGS said on the weekend thread, to get FLYlady emails on UK time, go to groups.yahoo.com/group/FLYingInUnitedKingdom/

CindersNeedsHelp Mon 01-Oct-07 08:47:20

Hi all. So, the wedding … it went well. The rain held off, and my DS was a real gem. Food served on time and was nice, DJ turned up and was predictably cheesy, PIL took DS away at 8pm so we could enjoy the rest of the night, but we just sat in a corner trying not to fall asleep!!

However, parents have had major falling out as mum wanted photo with my sister (the bride) and didn’t get one at all. There’s one of dad with her as it was taken getting out of the car with her etc. It’s a bone of contention because no-one wrote it on the list for the photographer, and she mentioned it months ago but didn’t say anything on Saturday. It’s hard because I can see both sides. It’s also affecting mum’s relationship with sister, because she didn’t ask for the photo either. Just really bad at the mo’. But I have a shiny sink, so hey-ho!

FBB how is FIL? OK, I hope. And my DH said a similar thing about spotless sink and the rest of the kitchen being a bombsite, although he was fairly diplomatic and said something like I suppose the baby steps will address the rest of the kitchen eventually!

Systemsaddict, so pleased that you have a supportive DH. Give him MN hugs from us lot!

Beautifuldays, just to clear up, I think that if we dry the sink out with a tea-towel after we use it, it won’t get streaky or have watermarks, and so will stay shiny without the need to do the full clean again.

It took a while to catch up with you all!

funnypeculiar Mon 01-Oct-07 09:08:46

Oh dear, Cinders - it's amazing how high emotions run at weddings, isn't it? Hope that the photo issue didn't spoill the day for everyone?

So:
- dressed & perfume on
- sink shiny
- reminders read (although still on US - thanks for link) so suspct they're yesterdays grin
- hotspot (about half of the dining room table!) done
- washing on
- dishwasher on
- kitchen surfaces wiped

Phew! Off to playgroup this am, though, so won't get much else done

unknownrebelbang Mon 01-Oct-07 09:12:51

Was I the only one that attempted hotspots over the weekend??

flowerybeanbag Mon 01-Oct-07 09:18:07

Morning all

Dressed to shoes
Sink shiny
Washing machine on
Dishwasher empty
Reminders and personal reminders read
Have identified that I have 5 hotspots (!), have done 2 minutes on the one in the kitchen

Having a bit of a nightmare this morning. I think DS is teething, his cheeks are bright red and he was very grouchy. He didn't feed at all well, kept seeming starving, then after a couple of sucks of his bottle, pulled away screaming.

Eventually fell asleep exhausted from all the effort and is now upstairs again having his nap.

FIL is fine, but achy but they went home yesterday.

And I must correct you Cinders I'm afraid, must be fair to DH. He has made no negative comments about the state of my kitchen - I think that might have been someone else's DH... And the rest of my kitchen is very definitely not a bombsite either wink

He did decide himself to do his bit by cleaning our cooker hood last night, which was great.

Glad the wedding went ok, and I hope your sister and mum make it up. Weddings are so difficult, there is so much going on that little things can easily be missed by the bride, so I hope they can sort it out.

Have a good day everyone

unknownrebelbang Mon 01-Oct-07 09:27:43

DH plans to do the kitchen today.

Yay.

CindersNeedsHelp Mon 01-Oct-07 09:37:19

Ah – sorry FBB, it was Daisyandbabybootoo who said “DH rather bemused at my possessiveness re the sink. If he uses it, I loiter with intent and scold him if he doesn't wipe it. He laughed at me for keeping the sink spotless but the rest of the kitchen being a bombsite.”

CindersNeedsHelp Mon 01-Oct-07 09:38:47

Daisyandbabybootoo, can we shorten your nickname at all?

Countingthegreyhairs Mon 01-Oct-07 10:16:58

Thanks for update Cinders and glad the wedding went well (save for photography incident - loads of clever things can be done with chopping and re-scanning digital photos now - are there any of your mum and sister standing together with other people in a line-up that could be used to make a special shot of just them together perhaps?)

Up and dressed to shoes
Sink shined
Dishwasher empty
Washing on
Read reminders
Off to tackle a hotspot - Everest-sized pile of magazines and newspapers on sitting room side table
tonight's dinner sorted
Just a few quick questions:

About reminders (sorry to be thick): are we meant to be actually doing them at this stage or just reading about them (water drinking, home blessing hour etc)??

Don't quite get written reminder point - did I miss something?

Another thing I was wondering - I know many of the flylady techniques are based on getting you started but are they intended to seduce you to keep you doing more than the tasks for that day? For example, if you shine your sink, it's tempting to clean the rest of the kitchen. I know the philosophy is only do the minimum and what is stated but do they really mean that iyswim???? Is it a double reverse bluff kind of thing???

... on the other hand perhaps the sink shining has gone to my head ...

daisyandbabybootoo Mon 01-Oct-07 10:23:07

morning smile

My sink is shiny (both DH and I wipinjg it after every use)
reminders read
personal reminders read
trying to say nice positive things to myself hmm
about to tackle the laundry hotspot, although I suspect it will take longer than 2 mins.

I'm not dressed yet, but DH has a rare day off through the week (he worked all night Thu into Friday and all day Saturday) so he has done the dressed to shoes and school run and let me have a lie in! So, I'm having breakfast then will get dressed and cracked on!

And just call mr Daisy! I was using Daisyboo which I "won" in the MfM nickname auction, but there is a daisybo on here as well and it was a bit confusing if we were on the same threads, hence the longer name.

daisyandbabybootoo Mon 01-Oct-07 10:25:06

oops, that's call me Daisy, not call me Mr Daisy, LOL

giving away my hairy knuckles here grin

trixymalixy Mon 01-Oct-07 11:08:11

Morning!

i'm afraid I'm sitting here in my pjs with an unshined sink at the moment.

It was DS' christening yesterday and we had 60 people in the house, so I am absolutely bloody knackered and my feet are killing me.

Will get round to flying this afternoon I promise!

mylastrolo Mon 01-Oct-07 11:50:06

morning ladies cinders glad wedding went well. remeber at my wedding my sister wanted just our family not my husband in it and for us to be in order of age i am the youngest which means i the bride would be at the end!!!hmm I said sure we can have a photo but it is my wedding day and my husband will be in the photo so we are in the middle. nightmare families sometimes. I still had a great day 7 years ago now shock

showered and dress to shoes
sink shiny
about to tackle hotspots
paperwork nearly finished
laundry ahhhhhhhhhh so much ironig hoping to do an hour whilst watching tv. grin

have to go drink water now
last day to get organised for week-end away as working tues/weds.

check in later with hopefully hotspots put out. i am just like flylady with a bed in spare room covered in things to be sorted mostly ironing.

mylastrolo Mon 01-Oct-07 13:18:43

dishwasher done
shined sink and kitchen surfaces
s&s bathroom
lunch done

to do
more paperwork
one load of laundry done

ironing still to do
hotspots done except spare room double bed

flying ok today this is so not like me very pleased with myself.

flowerybeanbag Mon 01-Oct-07 13:22:03

blush

Am I supposed to do all my hotspots? I took '2 minute hotspot' to be pick one and do that....

funnypeculiar Mon 01-Oct-07 13:28:25

I only did one too, FBB ... my whole house is a hotspot smile

No! One hot spot at the time.. otherwise what is the point of Flylady?!

(Hark at me.. only just re-joined..! But I know there nobody is expected to do all their hotspots.. not how it works at all)

flowerybeanbag Mon 01-Oct-07 13:31:56

<panic over>

thanks!

<puts feet up>

And rofl at whole house being one big hotspot! grin

funnypeculiar Mon 01-Oct-07 13:38:54

oi! If you've got your feet up, you can come over & hoover my front room grin

CindersNeedsHelp Mon 01-Oct-07 13:41:37

It’s OK FBB, ShinyHappyPeopleHoldingHands (can I call you Shiny – kinda suits this thread too !) is right - most of us are going really slow – I think mylastrolo is on a mission!!! grin

Seriously though, I’m glad you (mylastrolo) are feeling pleased with your achievements because this group is about getting much needed support, and if we’re motivating you, great!

Me, I’ll stick to the lazy and slow baby steps. So -

Get dressed done
Shine your sink done
Read today's reminders done
Read personal reminders (paper or electronic) done
Turn any negative voices into nice ones not sure on this one today TBH
2 minute Hot Spot done living* room window sill is now clear

But I do also know what’s for dinner tonight – homemade French Onion Soup (DH made a big batch a while ago and we froze a load) and hot fresh bread – gonna put my bread maker on soon!

Keep it up girls!

MadamePlatypus Mon 01-Oct-07 13:42:02

I definitely agree to having weekends off, as I find it difficult to keep up with MN at weekends and I would loose track of where we are.

Hmm. Better go and check my sink, not sure if it is shiny or not. Am wearing makeup though. Have done some hot spots though. Its amazing what you can do in 2 minutes isn't it! This timer thing is addictive.

flowerybeanbag Mon 01-Oct-07 13:45:11

<makes obscene gesture at fp>

grin

I have shone my sink.. twice
Sorted two lots of laundry
Done a 15 minute thingy on Zone 1 (entrance hall.. don't have a dining room)
.. as well as all the usual stuff...

Do you know we're not supposed to directly quote Flylady content on here? There is a politely stroppy message on Flylady about it.. (Not MN specifically obviously...)

Oh and drunk 2 pints of water. Am pissing like a race horse grin

Am I lowering the town? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now