Talk

Advanced search

new central heating - how much does it cost?

(7 Posts)
paddingtonbear1 Sun 30-Sep-07 15:23:39

we are thinking of replacing our old boiler and radiators as our current system costs us a fortune in bills. Has anyone had this done? how much did it cost?

glitterchick Sun 30-Sep-07 17:06:14

We have just replaced all our rads and boiler (gas) and has cost approx ?4000. Don't know if that helps.

paddingtonbear1 Sun 30-Sep-07 20:13:59

hi glitterchick, thanks for replying. I guess I was expecting something between 3000 and 5000, but was hoping for no more than that! Who did you have to do it? Was it British Gas or a local firm?

NannyL Sun 30-Sep-07 21:28:23

my friend has just ahd his done

he lived in a basement flat (of what used to be the servants floor of a massive mansion)

A 1 bed flat, but for example the bedroom itselfwas the size of some one bed flats, so a pretty spacious flat...

anyway he didnt even have a gas supply to the flat (but there was gas to other levels of the house)

He got the whole lots for about £3000 (a local firm) British gas quoted nearer £10k

He also had some rather expensive old style radiators that 'look' great, not just cheep white ones (included in the price)

Also meant he had mains hot water as he had a really really old tap thing in the kitchen that heated hot water for the kitchen tap only... and am immersion heater that needed to be left on for about 3 days (literally shock) before you got any hot water in the bathroom (luckily he had an elec shower)

Fizzylemonade Tue 02-Oct-07 11:00:16

I had my old boiler replaced with new worcester bosch combi-condensor and had 10 new thermostatic valves on the rads, a new rad for the conservatory and a remote thermostat so I could move it around to find the best spot (instead of it being stuck on a wall) He also removed the old hot water tank, cold water storage tank and the pipework. I now have a lovely big storage cupboard.

That cost me £2100 (in Yorkshire) so you will need to factor in new rads on top of that.

My bills have reduced lots smile

I went with a local guy, who had insurance etc and who I felt happy to have running around my house.

glitterchick Tue 02-Oct-07 20:48:01

It was 4000 euro and a plumber did it for us. He sourced rads and boiler

fihi Tue 02-Oct-07 20:58:46

ours cost £3,500 in merseyside.

be very choosy bout your boiler, 4 yrs ago we got a combi in an 'average' italian make - the firm went bust and so did the boiler, after less than 2yrs. we replaced it with a worcester-bosch and it is fab, it cost more to buy but well worth it as no repair costs, and tiny maintenance i.e annual service. a decent plumber will advise what size u need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now