Talk

Advanced search

There are all of a sudden loads of flys in my bathroom

(9 Posts)
mower Sat 29-Sep-07 16:35:14

Its discusting and everytime I am brave enough to open the door seems like there are more!!!

Ds are luckly with my mum today dh out be back in an hour.

I am not brave enough to do anything about it so have just shut the bathroom door!!!

Things like this make me cringe and I feel like I am going to throw up, seriously.

Mhamai Sat 29-Sep-07 16:41:11

Are they little fruit fly types? If so I'll watch this thread with interest as I've been invaded with them <mostly> in the bathroom too over the last three days.

xXxamyxXx Sat 29-Sep-07 16:43:02

try throwing out toilet brush those little bar fly things love them damp horrible habitat!

mower Sat 29-Sep-07 16:45:20

Don't know what flies they are just look like normal flies to me. They look like babies I think so I wreckon there will be loads of maggots in my bin in the bathroom, but im too much of a wimp to look as i know i will throw up!

We have just moved into this house and I have never known so many flies, we are pretty much out in the sticks though!

glitterchick Sat 29-Sep-07 18:05:30

Get a plastic bag and put whole bin into it. Throw out and buy a new bin tomorrow.

GodzillasBumcheek Sat 29-Sep-07 18:11:06

We also have had this problem. We thought the flies had been laying eggs in the potted plants in the room, but weren't sure. Now dh is pretty certain they are hatching from in the damp wood of the skirting boards. We live in rented so that'll never get sorted then sad. Also started coming out in the kitchen on same side of house now, so quite annoyed.

orangehead Sat 29-Sep-07 18:14:25

Could be plaster beetles I have a problem with them in my bathroom just look like tiny flies. They are caused by damp and although pest control can treat them they will return until the damp is dealt with. It helps to keep the room well ventilated as well.

chipmonkey Sat 29-Sep-07 18:50:11

Is there any point in suggesting FlyLady?wink

Mhamai Sat 29-Sep-07 19:16:23

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now