Talk

Advanced search

Cost of Central Heating Installation?

(8 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Sat 29-Sep-07 15:14:08

Has anyone has central heating installed (from scratch?)? Just wondered a stab in the dark figure for it, it's just 5 radiators, maybe a shower and whatever goes with the system. Thanks x

DUSTIN Sat 29-Sep-07 15:40:35

We had our 3 bed semi fitted with central heating from scratch about 3 years ago and it cost about £5000.

iwouldgoouttonight Sat 29-Sep-07 15:44:53

I had it fitted into two-bed terraced about four years ago, including new Worcester boiler and shower and it came to £4000. If I remember correctly there were six radiators.

We've since moved into a house where they got the heating done on the cheap, radiators not right size to heat room, in wrong place, etc and its soooooo cold!

Jojay Sat 29-Sep-07 15:46:50

We had 7 radiators and a new boiler and it cost £2.5k. It was 3 years ago.

Looks like we got a good deal!!

I'm sure it varies between areas though - we're in the West Mids.

TwoToTango Sat 29-Sep-07 15:59:41

We're thinking of getting quotes for c/h. Just wondered - how long does it take when they install it/how much mess is involved - ripping up floorboards etc. Is the pipework quite visible or can it be hidden? - most important thing - did your heating bills go down?

LadyOfWaffle Sat 29-Sep-07 16:47:01

yikes - probably be expensive here, I am in Berkshire. 2.5-3.5 would be ok! I guess now I have a rough idea i'll get some people to give me some quotes, thanks x

cazzybabs Sat 29-Sep-07 17:05:34

We are haivng ours replaced and it costing 5K.

cazzybabs Sat 29-Sep-07 17:05:57

Ohh but we do live in a 4 bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now