Talk

Advanced search

Rodent deterrent?

(4 Posts)
ChocFudgeCake Sat 22-Sep-07 07:54:48

I saw in the Argos catalogue a little device that emits a sound (audible just for mice)that makes them go away. So the garden door can be kept open and they won't dare come in. Anyone heard about this or used it? hmm
Thanks.

bran Sat 22-Sep-07 08:22:53

It's not all that effective tbh, a noisy toddler works much better. grin We had a mouse invasion and they didn't seem to be at all bothered by the noise thing, although that could be because dh kept putting things in front of it which probably blocked the sound quite a bit.

TheBlonde Sat 22-Sep-07 08:49:12

it can work but apparently if you already have mice they will get used to it

CoffeeCrazedMama Sat 22-Sep-07 14:54:35

We tried one of these and it did nothing - total waste of a tenner, so I wouldn't bother if I were you. Only thing that worked was copious amounts of poison (hidden behind kickboards of kitchen units so dcs safe - that is also where the mice tend to run). Also, since a very friendly cat moved in a few doors down and started visiting regularly, wiping his scent everywhere, the rodents (touch wood!!) appear to be giving our house a wide berth.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: