Talk

Advanced search

anyone know anything about house alarms please? Particularly keypads.

(5 Posts)
mckenzie Thu 20-Sep-07 13:20:56

We have a Premier key pad for our house alarm and when you touch any of the keys it makes a noise. So when I come downstairs in the morning and enter the code it makes four 'beep' type noises followed by a 'doo do doo' sound. This noise sometimes wakes up anyone who is still asleep, not so much DH (funny that) but particularly the children.

I have tried covering the box with sellotape over what appears to be the speaker area but it makes no difference.
The alarm company, who are usually very helpful, say that nothing can be done to silence it or quieten it.

Anyone?

TIA

mrsmcready Thu 20-Sep-07 13:37:29

we have a contract on our alarm and when they came out to service it they reduced the volume on ours. It had to be done by the professionals though not the user.

mrsmcready Thu 20-Sep-07 13:39:41

not the same make as yours by the way

ProfessorGrammaticus Thu 20-Sep-07 13:42:30

Have had same problem for years - always to;d nothing could be done. Annual service yesterday, engineer disconnected the noise thing on the upstairs keypad so only the downstairs one beeps now. Result!

mckenzie Thu 20-Sep-07 19:11:03

thanks for the replies. We only have one keypad but have also been told that nothing can be done. Just thought i'd double check on here as sometimes these things can be done but the engineers either don't know they can be done or can't be bothered. I called the alarm company this afternoon and explained what i was after and funnily enough, nobody has called me back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now