Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Argh! Laundry disaster! Do those colour run removers really work?

(7 Posts)
theslownorris Sat 15-Sep-07 16:43:46

I stupidly mistakenly wink washed dds' white polo shirts with their grey trousers and skirts. I now have a pile of shirts in varying shades of grey. I was going to try one of those colour run removers but do they really work, or should I just use the money to buy new tops?

themoon66 Sat 15-Sep-07 16:45:55

Oh yes, they do work. I recently turned DH's karate gi (white suit) pink. Its lovely and white again now.

fireflyfairy2 Sat 15-Sep-07 16:46:14

Well, IME they don't work. Of course it may just be stupidity bad luck on my behalf!

bobsmum Sat 15-Sep-07 17:07:52

I think they work. The other thing to truly make them white again is Glo White sachets (blue packaging).

The other thing which I 'm surprised to say works is the colour catcher sheets. You can actually wash whites and coloureds together with no runs. V weird and quite upsetting. I have to have a lie down afterwards if I'm reduced to using one grin

BettySpaghetti Sat 15-Sep-07 17:08:57

They do and they don't.

The one time I used them they took out the accidental colour that had run into the whites but they also took some of the original colour out of the blue stripes in a blue and white striped top, turning them a murky green/grey hmm.

themoon66 Sat 15-Sep-07 17:09:10

It was one in a red packet with pictures of rainbows on I think.

Then I think I washed it again in glo-white.

bobsmum Sat 15-Sep-07 17:28:17

themoon66 - that's the one I've used in the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now