Talk

Advanced search

I need a 'system' for people to put their own laundry and 'stuff' away - baskets perhaps? Please help...

(10 Posts)
Legacy Thu 13-Sep-07 11:41:37

I've had enough...

Sorting of socks/pants/T shirts for kids
Hankies/socks/ underwear for DH

AND
all the stuff that ends up in the 'wrong' rooms and needs to be 'put back'

I feel like I need some sort of 'basket' system (one for laundry, one for 'stuff') for each member of the family and then to introduce a new system of everyone putting their own stuff away?

Please tell me what works for you. I don't have loads of space - are their any stacking basket things?

CountessScabula Thu 13-Sep-07 11:44:45

Re stuff that ends up in wrong room..

once a week I go round with the laundry basket, I start in teh living room and work my way round the house putting htings in that belong in another room then dropping them off in the room as I get there. You have to do it twice to reach all rooms.

Takes 5 mins

ChippyMinton Thu 13-Sep-07 11:46:50

ikea antonius basket/drawers

i have these, i sort the laundry straight into individual's baskets as it comes out of the dryer. When the DC are older i will expect them to put their own stuff away in their rooms, but for now i do it.

MrsFogi Thu 13-Sep-07 11:49:36

Depends on how old your dcs are but this works for my dh (not that he's very happy about it!). - A box in each room (or on each floor) where anything that should have been "put back" and hasn't been by the end of the day is put away (so it is out of sight but he knows where it is) and if by Sunday night of each week it still hasn't been "put back" it goes to charity/the bin! Or I am willing to put it away for a reasonable hourly fee!

mishymoo Thu 13-Sep-07 11:52:42

I like your style MrsFogi - does it work or do you end visiting a charity shop every Monday?? grin

saggarmakersbottomknocker Thu 13-Sep-07 11:56:39

That's what beds are for in our house. Their stuff, laundry and random, left around, items get put on the bed.

If I get really annoyed with them it goes in the bed. Sort it out or sleep with it.

Mine are teens though. smile

mishymoo Thu 13-Sep-07 11:57:54

LOL Sagger....

mishymoo Thu 13-Sep-07 11:58:06

sorry Saggar

fortunecookie Thu 13-Sep-07 11:58:42

I've got several of the Ikea spirally ones. They squash down with velcro (but never use this feature), are transparent and vented and best of all, lightweight. Can't find the photo but I know they're there.

fortunecookie Thu 13-Sep-07 11:59:44

Whoops. I understood for dirty laundry. Typical!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now