(39 Posts)
Jas Thu 13-Sep-07 06:46:38

Mission

Good morning allsmile

chinwag Thu 13-Sep-07 06:49:22

Morning Jas.

Jas Thu 13-Sep-07 07:00:12

Good morning chinwagsmile

I'm going to do breakfast. Back when my morning routine is done, and we are ready for school.
Toddler group starts again today, and I am quite looking forward to it.

ludaloo Thu 13-Sep-07 07:11:45

Morning Jas Have a good time at toddler group (i'm ducking out of our toddler group today in favour of shopping.

Hi and welcome to chinwag smile

Well normal day today....yesterday was a great day, DD1 was actually grateful!!! shock

I have to shop today...last few things for DS, and some pary food for saterday.

I'm half way through my morning routine...everyone was up so early this morning!

We have a new Dining Table (don't have a dining room...it is in one end of the living room) Its huge! My neighbour and I swopped. Its great though, we can all fit round it!

Oh....I was meaning to ask...I have minced meat in the freezer...I normally get it out the day before and put it in the fridge to defrost... except I forgot yesterday...now if I put it in the fridge today it won't defrost in time for supper...is it ok to leave it out the fridge to defrost? (blush)

Jas Thu 13-Sep-07 07:25:16

I often do, and haven't poisoned anyone yetgrin

ludaloo Thu 13-Sep-07 07:48:53

grin ah...ok...I don't have much of a clue when it comes to things like that!
I'll get it out now smile

RubyRioja Thu 13-Sep-07 07:51:56

Morning all!
Hi to newbies! Us old crones are v welcoming you know grin.

I am off to source any High School Musical things I can find for dds birthday - have been banned by hall we hired from holding halloween themed party so have masses of decs and props that we can no longer use hmm. I kind of respect their stance, but really wish they let me know they had conditions when I booked it!

So, if anyone has any cheerleaders/basketball players or Troy Bolton they would like to declutter, I'll take them off your hands grin.

EHM Thu 13-Sep-07 08:08:01

Morning All

jas thanks again for the thread.enjoy shopping
chinwag Hope you enjoy the fly thread these ladies are all great
luda I often leave mince out to defrost, and as far as I know its been ok. What a great idea swapping with your neighbour.
ruby sorry the whole High School Musical thing is lost on me. I know of its exsists but thats about itblush

Not catch up on yesterdays thread, noticed last couple of posts from jas & gibberish it did make me laugh out loud.

Go hope you are looking after yourself?
shouldbe hope costume is coming along nicely
yadd hope all is well with you?
tort hope dd was ok yesterday?

May tackle mission at some point as its very easy. Pile of ironing from yesterday washing marathon to empty basket. Need to s & s, dw, shower & dress ect.

Will be back later.x.x

shouldbe Thu 13-Sep-07 08:13:46

Morning all

Have to rush now but will be back later x

FunkyGlassSlipper Thu 13-Sep-07 08:26:44

Morning Guys.

Ruby - when is DDs party? I got pom poms for DD from there last year....

ludaloo Thu 13-Sep-07 09:01:41

Thanks EHM smile...I've left it on the side.

Ruby why wouldn't they let you do a Haloween theme? How annoying!!

shouldbe how is your costume comming along BTW??

Well I'm just having a quick tidy round, then off into town.

See you all in a bit smile

ShrinkingViolet Thu 13-Sep-07 09:08:45

with mince from the freezer I give it 5 mins in the microwave to soften it round the edges, then brown it from frozen in the pan. We've all survived so far!
I'm "jumping in where we are" having done all the outstanding washing up last night blush and cleaned out the sink properly. Morning routine pretty much in place already, just need to focus on doing some housework rather than MNetting wink. Also I'm plannign on catching up with this week's missions (DDs love matching up boxes to lids).

shouldbe Thu 13-Sep-07 09:08:54

Hello again

chinwag welcome

gibberish and Jas I too have a dh who is a tradesman and does all the jobs around the house! Frustratingly long waits to get anything done!

My house is still a tip
I need to get more than just a quick tidy-up done this morning so hope to~
~dust/tidy living room
~hoover throughout downstairs
~make beds
~wash towels and bathmat
~clean bathroom
~hoover upstairs
~mission and s&s kitchen

Better get on with it then....

shouldbe Thu 13-Sep-07 09:12:30

Costume is coming along nicely thanks Luda Dd and I chose some sparkly beads/sequins yesterday and stitched a few onto the 'petals' in the skirt Dh and I made the wings last night similar (ie-not as good as...) these dd will stick all sorts of sparkly things on them after school today.
I'll put some more pics on my profile if I can in a bit

blossomsmine Thu 13-Sep-07 10:24:42

Just popping in as i am at work!!
Might be wrong but is it your birthday today Jas??? If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! if not...sorrysmile
I haven't been properly flying all week, too much stupid work! But doing most of morning and evening routines. Because i had been flying before, the house is staying ok at the moment so i can see the flying does work! I just can't let it go much longer or will be back to the start again!

Have lovely days everyonesmile

grouchyoscar Thu 13-Sep-07 10:34:53

Morning ALL

Still taking it easy. I've started to organise packing andI've made lists so that's progress I suppose.

I've done loads this morning. It's amazing how things become second nature. It all comes together nicely. DH is amazed that I can sort myself, Ed, the bathroom,,DW,WM and breakfast in the time it takes him to watch sky sports news.

Hope you all have great days, thanks for the kind thoughts and comments while Boris has been about.

mylastrolo Thu 13-Sep-07 10:53:52

morning ladies>>>>>>>>>>>>

done
school run
got back in time for plumber

washing on line
changed d/d bed

our bed made.

place tidy as had friends round to watch match mid-week i know hope d/d last all day at school no mid week again.

to do:

paperwork get receipts together for accountant.
post some letters
read meters as estimated reading and bills are massive hmm

sort laundry and do 1 hour of ironing let my ironing slip again blush.

baby steps are brill jas thanks i lurk there have to get off and do routine.

enjoy day. so sunny want to be in garden.

shouldbe Thu 13-Sep-07 11:01:11

~dust/tidy living room done
~hoover throughout downstairs done
~make beds done
~wash towels and bathmat done
~clean bathroom
~hoover upstairs
~mission and s&s kitchen done
~paint over all the fingerprints etc on walls downstairs done

I've feeling as though progress is being made
Off to get the bathroom done next x

Jas Thu 13-Sep-07 12:04:24

Yes it is Blossomsminesmile Thankyou.

I have a new table and chairs coming tomorrow. I met a toddler group friend who is getting a new one and her husbad wants to skip thier old one, so she is bringing i round tomorrow.grin

mylastrolo Thu 13-Sep-07 13:43:25

hi again, I'm struggling today with paperwork!!! my 2nd hand writing desk is crammed full of paperwork. Haven't even got to it yet!!
sorted one big pile filed some stuff household stuff reallly.

put d/d pictures and keepsake cards from school and nursery into scrapbook for each of them.

another wash out on line

shined sink and fitted lakeland adapta tap it is brill for washing veggies.

on coffee break

to do:

still more horrible paperwork
ironing
school run
cook dinner buy something as never left anything out hmm

oh job i really want to do plant the lovely flowers i got at market yesterday. into two pots

need inspiration for paperwork please.

shouldbe Thu 13-Sep-07 13:59:12

Hello
Happy Birthday Jas (did you get the card I sent?)

I went to collect ds from school and he was invited back to play with a friend so I've had an extra couple of hours to myself
Instead of using them to be productive, I've been for a look around a house that's on the market locally for £975,000 shock It's beautiful and I'm now going to save up till I can live there (will be many, many years...) grin

Then I went and got my eyebrows waxed again

And now I'm sitting with a cuppa having some MN time and watching Neighboursblush grin

mylastrolo Thu 13-Sep-07 14:02:17

looks lovely shouldbe !! Could you not just make an offer hugely under asking price grin

right chase me from here if you see me again and tell me to do paperwork hmm

Is it definately jas birthday? many happy returns. enjoy your day.

EHM Thu 13-Sep-07 14:02:50

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO YOU* *HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JAS* *HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO YOU!

*shouldbe
glad costume is coming onlong nicely I wouldnt know where too start
Grounchy where are you off to on your hols?
FGS, MLR & blossom <<<<waves>>>>
Hello to shrinkingviolet

Done so far:
load run & empty dw
wash & dress me & dd
s & s kitchen
sweep floors downstairs
clear away crayons from this morning
remove crayon scribblings from floor
wipe high chair
1 load of wm done & hung out
make bed & cot
supermarket shopping then put away
make egg mayo sandwiches for me & dd's lunch

Still to do:
ironing clothes washed/dried yesterday
make tea either chicken curry or salmon & veg

Right thats Ellie waking from her nap. x

shouldbe Thu 13-Sep-07 14:07:51

It would be about £700,000 under the asking price mylastrolo, so I doubt they'd be interested The family do want to sell to locals though [hopefull]

EHM I've had some great help and ideas from someone on MN thankfully. I showed a friend earlier and she said she'd be worried cos the costume looks so good it could've been bought from a shop shockgrin

ludaloo Thu 13-Sep-07 14:20:40

Happy Birthday Jas! smile
You sound like me with your table and chairs grin

Nice house shouldbe!! (it would only ever be mine in my dreams sad)

Well, been shopping, everything more or less ready for sat....aprt from the cakes...which I'll be making tomorrow.
Made a load of rice crispie cakes for DS to take to nursery tomorrow (its a kind of trend...to take cakes when its a birthday)

Right....must have a quick zoom round...take the castle back down (DS and DD2 are on it) and go and get DD1.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now