Talk

Advanced search

Why doesn't a red & white sriped T.shirt turn itself pink??

(6 Posts)
JeremyVile Mon 10-Sep-07 13:39:43

I'd really like to know.

Also, why, when I know that it doesn't turn itself pink, cannot I not bring myself to put it in with the whites?

Budababe Mon 10-Sep-07 13:46:32

Have no idea but your post reminded me of an incident when we lived in Bangkok. We had a maid who I have to say wasn't exactly the brightest kid on the block. She had a thing about using bleach and I was trying to wean her off it. Anyway - I had a new red and white striped t-shirt that she washed with something else red and the colour ran into the white stripes. So she tried to bleach the white stripes. Funnily enough it didn't work too well.

(She also cleaned our car with a brillo pad to make it shiny!)

Furball Mon 10-Sep-07 13:53:16

why do white/dark stripey things like that sometimes have a wash label tha say 'wash dark items seperately'

Surfermum Mon 10-Sep-07 13:55:39

I never know whether to put them in with the whites and risk turning the whites pink, or in with the reds and risk turning the white stripes pink.

princessmel Mon 10-Sep-07 13:57:30

I always think that. And wonder about whether to put similar things in the white or colored wash.
Actually ds had a top that was mainly red with a white bit at the top ( it looked like another top underneath but was attached iykwim) and that bit went pink.

fluffyanimal Mon 10-Sep-07 14:06:01

My dh has a red and white quartered rugby shirt that managed to run the red colour into the white quarters.

This was before I knew him and he was in charge of his own laundry, so I don't know how he did it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now