Talk

Advanced search

my dh is an ape ,am sick of looking at all the hair on bathroom floor...help

(8 Posts)
brimfull Thu 06-Sep-07 11:01:59

drowning in small pubic like hairs,shall I hoover him ,the floor?!
The problem stems from him towel drying like a maniac after his shower.I may book him in for a full body wax,tis his legs mainly.

How often do you sweep/clean/hoover bathroom floor,I can't bear it.?

chloesmumtoo Thu 06-Sep-07 12:46:50

lol! I never hoover bathroom floor. Yuk, that sounds very bad doesnt it. Just dont fancy the hoover in there!!!! I regularly get bucket of water, with bit of bleach and fairy liquid and sponge it all down, collecting all the hairs and drated dust from the loo rolls. Least with the bleach I feel its killed all the bacteria. How often um...............going by the kids holiday not as often as I should.

brimfull Thu 06-Sep-07 16:01:46

have bought some of those dusting cloth thingys,am going to try and leave the packet in there and suggest he cleans the floor after he's finished defluffing himself.

MoosMa Thu 06-Sep-07 16:07:14

I have a very hairy dh too and I try to hoover upstairs at least once a week.

Handily though, most of his hairs tend to run and hide behind the bin so I don't drown in them. Either that or they track down my long (head) hairs and wrap themselves round, makimg easy-to-pick-up snakes! [puke]

brimfull Thu 06-Sep-07 16:11:22

think I may buy another hoover for upstairs,I'm such a lazy cow,the thought of lugging the Henry upstairs all the time.Gawd I'm such a slattern.
Hate housework

fizzylemonade Thu 06-Sep-07 18:03:53

Could he towel dry himself in the shower cubical? Therefore minimising where the hair goes? I do know what you mean, my man is as hairy as an ape, head to toe.

Everytime I have to clean hair up or hoover up the black bits that seem to come off his socks I just remember that he is a fantastic chap and brings me cups of tea in bed, buys me chocolate, rubs my feet and generally lusts after my old saggy body. Listening to music really helps me clean too.

brimfull Thu 06-Sep-07 19:16:06

fizzy-shower cubicle is seriously tiny,but great idea,will put that to him.

lilolilmanchester Fri 07-Sep-07 22:53:41

Do you have tiles on the floor? If so, I got this tip off a colleague: scrunch up some toilet roll, then wipe (round and round in circles) over the floor. Miraculously, it picks up all the hairs and dust, so quickly that I don't even mind being down on my hands an knees doing it, and is a lot cheaper than the "dusty cloth things". It works a lot better than using brush or Dyson (which I prefer not to use as for the bathroom anyway for obvious reasons)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now