Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any idea where to store all our lovely DC paintings and keepsakes???

(9 Posts)
frenchfry2006 Tue 04-Sep-07 22:10:58

Has anything been invested other than using a big box and storing it in the garage? I have tried lever arch files and they are not big enough so a box it is but it seems a little like I am just shoving them away, would love to be able to store everything in date order? Any suggestions or idea’s Thanks

frenchfry2006 Tue 04-Sep-07 22:12:39

Oops I meant anything invented instead of invested, its been a long day and lots of washing and name tags sewing!!!

LegoLeia Wed 05-Sep-07 12:39:52

what about this kind of thing? r have I got the wrong end o the stick?

ShrinkingViolet Wed 05-Sep-07 12:45:33

would I be a Bad Mummy to suggest the bin? I'd need a second house to store all the stuff that's been made over the years.

schnorbitz Wed 05-Sep-07 12:48:22

My Mum used a big platic box with a lockable lid. I am in my thirties now and she gave me the box (she moved house and was having a clear-out). I was fantastic, I remembered so much of teh stuff in there and it brought back some really good memories. I know DC's make a lot of stuff but even if you only keep some of it I bet they will be as pleased and surprised as I was. I had no idea she had done it.

ShrinkingViolet Wed 05-Sep-07 12:50:46

(I do keep some stuff in boxes and bags in the loft, am not really Evil Nasty Mummy wink)

cazzybabs Wed 05-Sep-07 12:54:34

digital photos

tigerschick Wed 05-Sep-07 12:55:06

I agree tho ShrinkingViolet, my dd is nearly 18mo and will quite happily cover 8 to 10 sheets of paper in drawings in one sitting. That is not to say that she does one little thing and gets another piece, oh no, she uses both sides and fills it up. I have kept the first drawing, painting, printing and sticking. Everything else goes in the recycling, except the things that she does at relative's houses or while we have visitors, those things are given to other people to enjoy. Does this make me a Bad Mummy too?

squatchette Wed 05-Sep-07 13:30:39

Those big tubes you can buy for posting things, mailing tubes?You can roll the work up then put a sticker on the outside with the dates on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now