Talk

Advanced search

a long lasting vacuum cleaner?

(8 Posts)
vannah Tue 04-Sep-07 13:40:33

got another question for all you great people on this board:

Please name a v.cleaner that doesnt break down in some way or the other within a year of owning it!
I am beginning to think that EVERYTHING that you buy these days is made to extremely low standards. In the last 3 years Ive got through 2 kettles, and 2 vacuum cleaners, amongst other things.

The one i have at the moment is a hoover, red in colour, was v powerful but has suddenly lost its suction no matter how much its cleaned. SO tired of going back and forth to argos..
And should i just shop elsewhere other than argos?

thankyou
x

mishymoo Tue 04-Sep-07 13:56:28

Dyson, dyson, dyson... I even think they come with a lifetime guarantee!!

KTeePee Tue 04-Sep-07 15:33:17

Kirby but they are ££££

traceukw1 Tue 04-Sep-07 17:05:28

Sebo or Miele.

haychee Tue 04-Sep-07 17:22:20

I go through at least 2 or possibly 3 hoovers a year. I dont know what i do to them they just die. Currently have a vax (not a washer) and it smells of burning electrics everytime i switch it on.

Have had a dyson (actually 2) they did last longer than this vax has, but was still only about 8months each.

The funny thing is - i have hard flooring downstairs and so only use the hoover for upstairs. Why do i always have hoover trouble? reakon im jinxedhmm

fedupwithironing Tue 04-Sep-07 17:32:13

I recommend a miele, and buy the highest wattage u can afford. I will never ever ever buy a Dyson again - although the suction is good they are terrible in terms of practicality. And i tend to go to John Lewis for this kind of thing as they do their price match thing.

traceukw1 Wed 05-Sep-07 00:30:49

My OH works in the industry and wattage isnt anything to go buy, we tested the Dyson (More than one of them) and they are utter rubish IMO and OHs, our Sebo is superior in so many ways for instance it doesnt break. I have had my Sebo for nearly 5 years now and my Dyson ( rubbish) i had for not even 2 i think that speaks for itself. My OH would be able to tell you why the Dysons are not good compared to other better makes, but i don't have the technique knowledge just the pacticle.

vannah Wed 05-Sep-07 20:16:42

thankyou everyone, I will look into meile, else sebo and thanks for the advice to purchase from J.L -its a good idea.

x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: