Talk

Advanced search

FLYbabies....time to start decluttering

(26 Posts)
Jas Sun 02-Sep-07 06:58:31

Day 9

Today's reminders It is still yesterdays atm, but I'm fairly sure it wil lchange soon, and I don't need a different link.

I can't remember how to get the emails, I think you have to join the Yahoo grop (links at the bottom of FL pages) and then you get options on what emails you can subscribe to. FGS will know. Hopefully she will tell us all today or tomorrow.

Jas Sun 02-Sep-07 07:00:48

aycat - definitely not fai that you get the laminator and the aupairgrin
I am going out today, so no staying in my pjs til lunch, but no housewok, eithergrin

ludaloo Sun 02-Sep-07 08:33:15

Morning all smile

(I have laminator envy too envy....not that I have anything in particular to laminate mind...just love the idea!)

I am up...
~Done D/W (didn't do it last night as I was too tired and I had put it on quite late)
~Done a load of washing
~Picked all the dirty clothes up

Won't get much FLYing done today as I'm off to meet shouldbe and I have to get a wriggle on as no one is dressed or washed yet!

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sun 02-Sep-07 08:36:05

Hi,

I am up.

I have made DD3 a bottle and...erm....erm...MNetted, oh will wil go and fold yesterdays washing (is it naughty that I left it - guess so blush)...

Pah to teh laminator....why bother....I have a friend with one which I borrow as necessary - so I have access to a laminator with no investment grin

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sun 02-Sep-07 08:38:29

Hmmmm....decluttering.....I think it will have to be teh pile of paperwork in teh kitchen....so long as I have time. Can I call it my hotspot to or is that cheating?

Off out to buy a new fridge and freezer (makes me wonder why I defrosted fridge yesterday hmm) when DP gets up, so we will see if we have time.

FunkyGlassSlipper Sun 02-Sep-07 08:49:29

Morning all.

Not dressed yet but have sorted dishwasher, kitchen is clean, loo is S&Sed and we are all fed.

I still need to make the bed, have a shower and get dressed and do a 5 minute room rescue. That will be the living room as there are toys all over the floor!

OK, so if you want to joing FLYlady and sign up for the emails click here to sign up

If you are happy to delete mails you dont want then sign up for individual emails as some of the testimonials are quite interesting.

If you are rubbish at managing your inbox then sign up for the daily digest mail which comibines the main points once a day.

ShrinkingViolet Sun 02-Sep-07 08:50:42

there's a Yahoo group to get the reminders in UK time, whcih is slightly more hepful than being told to go to bed when you've only just got up and switched on the computer smile.
I might join you here actually, I could do with a kick up the bum.

Jas Sun 02-Sep-07 08:54:05

ducluttering

Set our timer for 5 or 10 mins and get started.
You are supposed to do a 2 min hotspot as wellgrin

ok, so far I've made breakfast, washed ad dressed ds, and made a cheese and pineapple hedehog for my friendhmm
I need to get dressed too.

winemakesmummyclever Sun 02-Sep-07 09:13:37

Morning smile,

Up and dressed before 8 shock(that really is an achievement for me), ds up, fed and his bedroom straightened, breakfast, kitchen clean & tidy, 2 loads of washing in, and ds just about to be dressed. Will vac, and finish sorting out our bedroom clutter later, then do some garden bits and bobs.

Off to Ilva in a bit to see if they have a tv cabinet that not only stops ds playing with the tv & attendant gadgets, but looks half decent.
Any tips on how to stop toddlers playing with tv until it threatens to explode ? Currently have barrier made up of toys and box of books, but he's strong & canny enough to move them or climb around them now. Plus, the barrier makes the room look constantly untidy.

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sun 02-Sep-07 09:33:56

Hi Jas....have found todays reminders...

reminders.

All you have to do is post the same link but change teh number at the end to change teh say i.e. 1=Monday, 2=Tues...6=Sat 7=Sun....HTH

Have not unloaded DW and done breakie...

Hotspot, mmmm, all my hotspots need a 15min declutter first blush

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sun 02-Sep-07 09:34:23

That should say have unloaded DW

harleyd Sun 02-Sep-07 09:50:07

morning guys smile
off to a great start - breakfast finished and cleared away, shiny sink, decluttered living room, load of washing on, read reminders.
havent swished yet but will do after everyone is showered.
thats all im doing today though as its my babys 1st birthday and we are heading out for the day

FunkyGlassSlipper Sun 02-Sep-07 10:25:57

Have a lovely day harleyd and happy birthday to baby harleyd

I have sat on the net for half an hour while DD2 sleeps although I have been looking at getting wooden venetian blinds for my living room as the curtain pole fell down last week hmm

DH about to take DD1 to the supermarket so I'll try and tidy up the living room then.

iris66 Sun 02-Sep-07 12:10:44

just re-read the reminders link & misread the last sentence "consider yourself tucked in" blush lol. I've gone a bit mad on the cleaning/tidying today (extreme nesting kicking in! - I even scrubbed the kitchen bin with an old nailbrush shock). I'm just about to put some washing out & feed us all then try to have a rest as my pelvis is killing me.

ludaloo Sun 02-Sep-07 15:04:56

Happy b'day baby harleyd smile

I have a shiny sink,
I'm dressed to shoes (only cos I've been out)
I've read the reminders
I haven't done any hotspots yet though
Going to hoover, maybe do a hotspot or a bit of decluttering, then I'm putting my feet up smile

FunkyGlassSlipper Sun 02-Sep-07 15:32:47

DD2 has temp of 38.8 so doing nothing....

blossomsmine Sun 02-Sep-07 16:30:01

Hellosmile
I have decluttered living room which gave me the encouragement to give it a really good clean, moved all the furniture (apart from big book cabinet) and then did skirting boards, hoovered, mopped etc., Feel good about that as something i have been putting off.
S&S bathroom and kitchen
couple of loads of washing on the line
making dinner at the moment
hoovered right through

Think thats about it!

alycat Sun 02-Sep-07 18:16:42

WOW you've all been very busy. Hope fgsdd is feeling better. Happy bday babyhd.

I've had a stressful day (not spiritual) as dh decided to overrule my choice of outing to do his, but didn't check the details - drove all the way there and it was next weekend!

So ended up somewhere I didn't really want to go, hate sand, had the worst fish and chips ever, got stuck in traffic etc and what is worse I didn't do enough FLYing yesterday and today so my house does not look so good - how can it get so messy in such a short time?

I love my children dearly, but roll on Wednesday so I can actually give this FLYing biz my full attention!

As for the laminator, absolutely essential if you have a child with SN that cannot speak (ditto Au Pair! grin)(for pecs and Makaton signs etc) I have laminated signs on everything with stickyback velcro

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sun 02-Sep-07 20:28:17

Evening.....not such a good FLYbaby here I'm afraid...

Woke up to shiny sink check
Got dressed at 10am oops
Read reminders check
2 minute hotspot erm does putting out teh recycling from on top of George Forman count? I did also sort threw the washing pile next to my bed so I guess I have kind of done 2
Declutter erm kind of...I put some old toys of DD3s in a bag ready to car boot
Clothes out for tomorrow check (well I will do mine when I go to bed DTDs are done)
Shiney sink check - evn after DP threw a cup of cornflour mix down without washing away angry grrr

I may be missing a few bits but I am definately more conscious of putting things away when I have them in my hands - especially where they would normally go in a now clear hotspot - so I am happy and I can see the change already smile. Am probably going to struggle for the next couple of days as Mon - Weds I work full time, but we will see...

But I do have a shiney new fridge, freezer and dishwasher trio arriving in a couple of weeks.

Can I just ask a question. Whats the difference between a 2 min hotspot and a 5 min declutter? Is a hotspot to stop the clutter rebuilding?

blossomsmine Sun 02-Sep-07 21:16:05

I was also wondering the difference between hotspotting and decluttering?
I also know what you mean about flying and working, hard itsn't it i am back to work next week almost full time so not sure how i will do.
Have you all written the reminders down then? I haven't so can't read my reminders everyday....??
But i have started a kind of housework rota sheet thing which i am writing morning and evening routines on also extra things to do each day and then another bit with things i want to do monthly and fortnightly. Hope that is what i am supposed to dohmm

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sun 02-Sep-07 21:20:36

I check my reminders on here... I have not written anything down.

I am not going to worry if I don't do everything pn my work days, as long as I don't go backwards by adding clutter tpo clutter free areas IYSWIM.

blossomsmine Sun 02-Sep-07 21:22:48

Oh ok i can check on here aswell thensmile Yeah it is hard to work and do all this flying, like you i am going to try and be happy with what i have done and make an effort not to make any new piles of craphmm

iris66 Sun 02-Sep-07 21:55:41

How do you stop your DH/DP from reestablishing a clutter spot? Anyone had the nerve just to bung everything in a bin bag? (I'm sooo tempted grin)

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sun 02-Sep-07 21:58:59

I guess I just hotspot them quickly before they become clutter spots. Actually I think I am probably worse at clutter spot conception than he is grin

blossomsmine Sun 02-Sep-07 23:31:57

My dh leaves paperwork, empty envelopes and general rubbish all over the place, drives me mad. I got him a kind of file box and put it on a cabinet next to his side of the bed but he tends to just pile stuff on top of it rather than putting it in. I still put everything in the general direction of the box and it looks a mess but one day i am aiming to get him to go through it all and sort it outangry Not stressing about that yet though as loads of other hotspots to do firstblush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: